Faker Battle [31]

The search for Tesla, Jazz, and whatever was causing problems here was on. I ran off on my own into the woods for an hour, further from the lake.

**2 demons over here according to Inosuke. I'd best be on guard.**

I kept running until I came to an area with fallen trees. I stopped running and looked around as I tried to focus on any subtle movements.

**Nothing.**

I followed the trail of trees and eventually saw a demon in the distance. It had on bright-colored pants and no shirt. It wore something around its neck, but I couldn't tell what. It looked to be fighting something.

**There's one of them. Where's the other?

???: I hope you're not proud of yourself for holding out this long. Keehu would've made quick work of you by now!

???2: I'm not worried about something that's not here. My only target is you!

The second voice was a familiar one. A girl that I know I've spoken to before, but when?

Y/N: Hey!

I whistled as loud as I could to distract the demon so the Slayer could get a good hit on it. The demon looked over and the girl charged at it quickly. It was then that I could see who the girl was. Momo, a girl who took the Final Selection with me.

Momo: Water Breathing: First Form...

The demon stopped looking at me and quickly glanced at Momo.

Momo: Water Surface Slash!

The demon ducked and Momo went over him.

???: Oh, so close! Better luck next time.

The demon swung its arm from off the ground and punched Momo in the stomach as she flew over him.

**What a strange fighting style. How could that demon throw such a powerful punch from there?**

Momo: Lord Y/N! I'm glad to see you!

**Lord..?**

Y/N: Are you alright?

Momo: I'm fine. I'm so happy to see you! This demon is a real pain though... If only me and my 'him' didn't get separated.

I had no idea who she was referring to, but I was here now and it was 2 on 1.

**Inosuke said there were 2 demons in this direction. Wait, no... He just said there were 2 beings in this direction.**

Y/N: This demon doesn't seem too strong. Let's make quick work of it.

I seemed to strike a nerve in the demon as he quickly jumped up and got ready to fight. He started to hop around and took a fighting stance.

**What is that movement? His form is that of a boxer, but that moving around doesn't match up.**

Demon: Quick work of me? Yeah right. I've just been toying with this girl, but you... You've made me mad.

Y/N: That's fine.

I readied my blade.

Y/N: You're weak.

The demon clenched its teeth and charged at me full speed. Momo got ready to chase it down from behind, but I told her to stay back.

Y/N: Momo, don't move!

Somebody was coming, I could sense it. I didn't know who, but someone. If it was another demon, I needed Momo to be in a position where she wouldn't be defenseless to a sneak attack.