Goodbye | Thank You [4]

Calm down. That's all I needed to do. But every time I tried to cut through that boulder and failed, I got more and more flustered. I hit at that boulder for months on end, but just like the first time I tried, I didn't make any progress in splitting it. I felt my body was growing stronger and stronger, but Urokodaki already showed to me that brute force isn't enough to wield a blade.

**This is ridiculous. I'm about to just go find the Final Selection alone.**

How did Urokodaki expect me to cut this boulder just because he told me how to improve my swing? I got what he was saying, but there was no way I'd master it that quickly. Deep down I knew that Urokodaki wasn't expecting me to learn how to do it that easily. The only one putting that much pressure on ME was myself.

**Relax, Y/N.**

I dropped my sword on the ground and sat down. I closed my eyes and began to meditate. I'd been practicing my meditating over the last few weeks, but I couldn't maintain it. There was always something to distract me. But today I focused on my breathing and finally realized what my master meant by 'just breathe'. Meditating, I focused on my surroundings. In order to remain calm in this setting, I had to become one with the environment. I kept my breathing going at a steady rate as I listened to the rustling tree branches all around. The wildlife sounded clear as day as I fell into a total concentration. My eyes were closed, but I felt like I could see everything. Even a little bug crawling on the floor. I'd never been able to concentrate like this before, but tonight something was different.

**What is this feeling? I can see everything. I can hear everything. What is this sensation? Is this what some people call tranquility? No. It was something else. This was... Focus**

I opened my eyes and got up. I felt fresh and new. I grabbed my sword and gave it a few practice swings. This feeling I was having... It's what athletes may refer to as the "Zone". I was sure that now I could cut this boulder. Before I could try, though, my focus was deterred as I heard a noise in the woods. It didn't sound like a normal forest animal, their movements are much more random and spontaneous. Whatever was over there had much greater coordination than a wild animal. I assumed a battle stance and directed my attention towards where the noise came from. 

**Is something sneaking up on me? A demon? But I haven't seen many demons around this area, so it might be something else?**

I didn't let my guard down as I saw a figure walking. It wasn't heading towards me, but it was definitely not an animal. It didn't seem like it really had any direction it was going. It was just walking.

**Wait a second? I'd recognize that hair anywhere**

It was Nezuko. What the heck was she doing out here at this time of the night? Nezuko had gone out alone at night before, but did she always come this far?

**I don't think that she noticed me. She was legitimately just taking a night-time stroll through the woods.**

Y/N: Yo, Nezuko!

She turned and looked in my direction before she came running over.

Y/N: What're you doing out here? Does Urokodaki know you went out?

She nodded her head before her gaze moved from me over to the boulder. She walked towards it and observed the split between the 2 sides. She placed her hand on one side of it and just stared at the big rock. I don't know what it was, but she was drawn to that boulder for some reason. Eventually, she took her hand off of it and backed away.

Y/N: Uhh, sorry to interrupt your walk then. Don't mind me.

I moved back over to the rock and prepared to cut it. Nezuko backed up some more and decided not to leave as she watched what I was doing.