Demon In The Box [18]

Demon Slayer Headquarters, also known as Ubuyashiki Estate or the "Master's home" as Shinobu had been referring to it. It was just as bright and peaceful as the last time I'd been here over 6 months ago. I looked around the area at the gardens, trees, pond, bridge, and all of the scenery.

**I can still feel their presence.**

Being back in this area reminded me of when I had the privilege of meeting all those powerful Slayers. Despite the peaceful scenery, the air felt heavy like I was still in the presence of the Hashira.

Shinobu: Y/N? Are you alright?

I noticed that I stopped at the gate while Shinobu and Kanao went further in.

Y/N: Sorry!

I ran over to catch up with them.

Y/N: Just remembering the last time I was here.

Shinobu: Are they good memories?

Y/N: More or less...

We walked around the side of the house to the front. When we got there, the long-haired man was standing patiently in front of the house.

**His name was Giyu Tomioka I think, right?**

Shinobu: Oh my, what a surprise! Tomioka!

He looked in our direction but didn't say anything as he just stared at us walking over.

Shinobu: Tomioka-san, you're even better at communicating than before! Have you been practicing?

**What a backhanded compliment.**

Tomioka: I should've known it would be you, Shinobu.

He looked at Kanao and then at me. He stared at me especially long.

Tomioka: Another tsuguko?

Shinobu: Oh no! Are you getting jealous?

Tomioka: No. I could get a Tsuguko if I wanted to.

Shinobu: You overestimate your social skills.

Tomioka: I have great social skills.

**What's up with them?**

Their bickering seemed so childlike. Behind Shinobu's smile was a side of her that liked to tease Giyu. Under Tomioka's stoic demeanor was a defensive, sensitive side to him. I honestly couldn't tell if these two got along or not.

Y/N: Tomioka, sir?

He stopped going back and forth with Shinobu and looked at me.

Y/N: I'm Y/N. I'm not sure if you remember me, but we sort of met like half a year ago?

Tomioka: I remember you. I forgot your name, but I remembered your face.

He looked me up and down.

Tomioka: You seem different. I'm sorry for whatever torture Shinobu put you through.

Y/N: That's-

Shinobu: Pardon? 'Torture'?

They kept going back and forth like little kids while Kanao just stood by with that same empty smile on her face. It wasn't long before footsteps could be heard coming from the house. Shinobu, Giyu, and Kanao stood side by side and waited for whoever was approaching. I followed in their footsteps and stood next to Kanao.

???: My children, I'm glad that you all are in such good health.

A man's voice was heard as Giyu, Shinobu, and Kanao all bowed down. I followed after them and bowed too. A man with a black kimono and white haori emerged from the shadows of the house. He had black hair that dropped to his shoulders. The top of his face was pinkish purple and seemed like dead or bruised skin. His eyes were a whitish silver. A woman walked with him supporting his movements.