Hashira Struggle [19]

Y/N: Wait, what!? You met a Slayer with a boar mask? And he tried to fight you?

Tetsuo: Yup! Never even got his name. I was just trying to carry on with my mission and then out of nowhere comes this boar-headed guy trying to fight.

Y/N: Well did you win?

Tetsuo: Slayers aren't supposed to fight without a real reason, so... I ran.

I held in a laugh.

Y/N: You ran..?

Tetsuo: Okay, listen! You would've run too.

Y/N: Probably, but it's fun trying to imagine it. Some random guy with a boar mask and two swords chasing after you. Admit it's kind of funny.

Tetsuo: Maybe from an outside view. I thought that lunatic was going to try and kill me. Eventually, he got bored of me and went somewhere else.

Tetsuo and I had spent the last handful of hours just talking about our travels since the last time we'd seen each other. Tetsuo, despite his marechi blood, hasn't been attacked too much because of the wisteria he carries on him. He had made some new allies and completed many missions while out. He looked stronger, and he said he also felt stronger.

Y/N: Speaking of death, do you want to know how I met the Hashira?

Tetsuo: I don't know what that has to do with death, but I'm all ears.

Y/N: Well, when we first split up, I didn't even know what the Hashira were, but the mission I was sent to was pretty much a trap.

Tetsuo: How so?

Y/N: Any other Hunters sent to that location either never showed or were killed before I got there. I was on my own against three demons.

Tetsuo: I've never heard of demons working together.

Y/N: That's the crazy part. It was actually one demon who split its personality up into 3 different beings. I ended up getting jumped by them. When I thought I finally had a chance to get them back, they merged.

Tetsuo: And then what?

Y/N: The merged demon was way too strong for me. By that point, I had already taken a bad beating and could hardly move. I was as good as done...

Tetsuo: But you're still here. Is this the part where Shinobu shows up to save the day?

Y/N: Nope! It was actually a different Hashira. Her name is Mitsuri Kanroji. Her hair is pink and green... like Sakura mochi.

Tetsuo: That's a pretty specific comparison.

Y/N: Her words not mine. But anyways she was so strong. She's still stronger than anybody I've ever seen in my life. She took down the demon in 1 attack without breaking a sweat. I passed out after that and woke up in her home later.

Tetsuo: If she's the strongest person you've ever seen, but you've seen me, I want to meet her.

Y/N: Don't gas yourself up now. She treated me with hospitality and brought me with her to a Hashira meeting. I figure you get the rest. I met most of the other Hashira during their summoning.

Tetsuo: You were in a Hashira meeting?!

Y/N: Oh, no no no... I just went with her. I waited outside while they all went inside. Speaking of...

I remembered the Master's calm tone and soft-spoken voice.

**How could I forget the man whose house we're at right now?**

Y/N: This place we're at right now is owned by the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Tetsuo: Really? Are we even allowed to be in here so nonchalantly?