A Perspective Change [3]

She saved me is all I could feel as I went to bed that night. I  did believe that she rescued me, but it was difficult to picture it in my head. I was bigger than her and didn't understand how someone so gentle could lift me up and get me inside.

**Did she call for Urokodaki? But she doesn't talk... At least not to me... Or maybe she's just stronger than she looks?**

I envisioned the scene over and over again, but it still just looked weird in my head. Regardless, I owed her my life.

**Whatever. Let me just be grateful and get some rest.**

I took a moment to pray before lying down on my futon and getting ready to sleep. I saw the light from Urokodaki's main room go dark. I assumed he had put out any lamps and was preparing for bed.

I eventually fell asleep

I woke up the next morning and heard Urokodaki moving around in his living room. I got up and headed out to greet him, but he already went outside.

**I'll go see what he's up to**

It smelled good like Urokodaki had been cooking. I decided to go outside and see what he was up to. When I got outside, I saw Urokodaki stretching before picking up an axe.

Y/N: Good morning, Mr. Urokodaki.

He didn't look in my direction and had his gaze fixed on a pile of wood.

Urokodaki: Good morning. I left you breakfast inside.

Y/N: Oh, I appreciate it, sir.

He examined the pile of wood closely.

Y/N: What're you up to?

He grabbed a log of wood and placed it on an elevated platform made of stone.

Urokodaki: That door needs fixing.

He aimed his axe over at the broken door to his house. It was kind of comedic to try and imagine what way Nezuko broke the door.

**Speaking of Nezuko...**

Y/N: Where'd Nezuko head off to?

Urokodaki: She's still asleep. She's more a night-owl.

Y/N: All right. I see. Do you need help, though?

Urokodaki: No. You should get your rest.

There was something about the way he said that which made it feel like he was challenging me. I walked over anyways and picked up another wood log. I watched him cut through the first piece of wood. He sliced it with pinpoint precision and tore through it like a stick of butter.

**Wow. How impressive.**

Y/N: Mr. Urokodaki...

He paused

Y/N: You said you've never seen a sword like mine...

Urokodaki: Yes?

Y/N: I was getting a strange feeling from you, but might you be a demon slayer?

He didn't answer for a second as he brought his axe down to the wood again.