Walk With Shinobu [34]

Outside I was pressed by some of the Hashira. I sat down on a bench, being held hostage by a few of them who were either confused, curious, or upset by my promotion.

Tengen: If you knew you were gonna be promoted, then why did you act so oblivious before..?

Y/N: I actually didn't know. For real! Why would I hide something as big as that?

Obanai: Arrogance.

Y/N: Come on, you know I respect you all, right?

Gyomei: You poor soul, I can't imagine the mental stress you've been going through on your own.

Sanemi: Forget about all that.

Sanemi clenched his teeth and grabbed ahold of my shirt.

Sanemi: Bringing up that demon girl earlier during the meeting... What are you trying to instigate here? I'll kill you.

Tomioka grabbed Sanemi's arm to get him to stop. Sanemi pulled away.

Sanemi: Don't touch me, Tomioka. You're just as bad as they are.

Tomioka: Y/N said they didn't know. Why are you mad at them?

Obanai: What you all are trying to do goes against the foundation of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Y/N: If I may jump in-

I felt someone wrap their arms around my neck as I sat there. I looked up to see who was standing behind me, it was Shinobu.

Shinobu: Oh my! Now, why are you all picking on Y/N?

Tengen: Stay out of this, Kocho.

Shinobu: But why? Of course, I can't just stand around and watch. Besides, I'm leaving soon and I wanted to walk with Y/N.

**Lady Shinobu to the rescue!**

Gyomei: I apologize to you, Y/N.

He started to cry.

Gyomei: It wasn't right to surround you and interrogate you with so many questions like this.

Y/N: It's okay. But just know I didn't lie to you all once.

Shinobu let go of me and stood back as I got up from the bench.

Y/N: I had no idea why I was called here. The news that the Master gave was just as surprising to me as it was to you all. Also, regarding me bringing up Nezuko back there.

I turned to Sanemi.

Y/N: I wasn't trying to start a fight. My intentions were the opposite. I wanted to prove to you all that even though she's a demon, she can fight alongside us Slayers. And I wanted to prove it without getting Mitsuri or Shinobu involved. It was honestly a relief when you had my back, Giyu.

Nobody said anything, but I know they were listening to what I was saying. Even if they didn't like it, it seemed that they respected me as their equal per the wishes of the master.

Shinobu: I guess that's all there is to it, then. We'll be heading out now.

Shinobu took my hand and tried to lead me away. She was squeezing my hand tightly. I looked at her face and she was still smiling, but the grasp she had on my hand was telling another story.

**Is she angry about what the other Hashira were just trying to do? Then why is she smiling?**

I let her take me away as we walked. The further we got from the others, the looser her hold on me got until eventually, she let go of my hand.