Aftermath [9]

Girl: He's a real hero.

The girl Tetsuo carried up kept telling me that. She'd woken up and was having a 1-on-1 conversation with me while Tesla and Jazz looked after Tetsuo.

Girl: Walk with me?

I looked down at Tetsuo. He was still awake, but I could tell his body was throbbing in pain and every small touch Tesla made to his body had him wanting to scream. Jazz looked over at me with her usual look of boredom and annoyance. Despite her face, she did seem to be worried about Tetsuo.

**Maybe that's just her resting face. She just always looks so mad**

Jazz nodded at me. She'd overheard what the girl said to me and was letting me know it'd be alright to go and that Tetsuo was in good hands.

Y/N: Okay...

The girl and I started to walk. She was moving slow and fighting back a limp. I thought she was fine but looks like she was injured too.

Girl: That boy, Tetsuo... He saved my life. I couldn't fight anymore... There were too many demons. It was like they were only attacking us.

Y/N: What happened to you two?

Girl: I couldn't go on any longer and I collapsed. I'm not used to so much back-to-back fighting. But he didn't stop.

She paused for a second.

Girl: He tried to make me get up, but I couldn't. I was losing consciousness, but he kept trying to tell me, 'get up! Just run if you have to! Don't give up here!'

She clenched her fists out of frustration. Whatever she was about to say was upsetting to her.

Y/N: Then?

Girl: I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. I told him to leave me. I said I came to the Final Selection prepared to die. He didn't even hesitate before he said, 'there's a difference between fighting prepared to die and fighting TO die!'

**I'd never heard Tetsuo say something as intense as that, but I've seen him get serious, so I believe it**

Girl: He picked me up and started to run as fast as he could. I blacked out in his arms, so I don't know what happened after that, but we made it here alive, so...

She turned around and looked back at Tetsuo.

Girl: He saved my life. He's a real hero.

I could feel an aura of regret coming off of her. She still had her fists clenched and she wouldn't look up at me.

Y/N: What's your name? I'm Y/N.

Girl: Momo... Katayama Momo.

Y/N: You're alive and here, Momo. What's making you so upset.

Momo: I'm- Not...

She stumbled over her own words as she tried to lie about how she was feeling. I stared at her. She was clenching her teeth while staring down at the ground. Her fists were also still balled.

Y/N: You're so tense. You're the one who wanted to talk to me. Something's bothering you so let's talk.

She slowly unclenched her fists and jaw, but she kept her head down.

Momo: Should I be here?

Y/N: What?

Droplets started to fall from her lowered face onto the dirt below. At first, I thought she was just breaking out in a cold sweat, but her voice gave away she was crying.

Momo: I only made it this far because you and he just so happened to be passing by in the mountain.

Her voice was giving out on her as she tried to speak and the tears fell more and more.

A Beautiful Demon (Demon Slayer Females X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें