39. Chaos

In a world full of harsh sunlight
You were my shade.
With whatever little that my heart could fill
Will be enough to guard me for an entire lifetime.

Pratima

I locked the door of the bedroom while Praneet was in the living area of our suite.
I was angry.
No! Furious.
I wanted to break everything and picked up an ashtray to throw but it was expensive and my middle-class self came between me and my fury.

I unzipped my dress and looked at myself in the mirror. He found me attractive.
Oh! yes!
I was.
Undoubtedly.
All my life I thought I was just about average but I was way above average. I was beautiful, smart, intelligent, sexy and desirable. What I lacked, was luck. My grandmother was a princess but we struggled for money all our life. I had everything a guy wanted in a lover but love was not written in my natal chart.

I took out ice cream from the lavish minibar not caring about the price and the tax chargeable on it. I put on music at a loud volume and devoured the sweet delicacy. Crying was not an option anymore.

I should be happy. A prince may have dumped me but it was for my good. He was utterly foolish to ignore his feelings and mine.

I will never think of him, I decided. I wore sexy lingerie to excite myself. I will be my lover tonight and every night. I didn't need a boy.

A knock on the door of my room brought me back to earth. What was I doing I didn't know but it was making me feel better.

"Pratima, my luggage is inside. Can you... Can you... give me my change for the night." Praneet requested.
Sweet!

"No," I replied.

"Please, I can't sleep in a tuxedo." He reasoned.

I opened the door not caring about the transparent, lacy net stuff I was wearing. He should know what he was going to miss. "Either don't sleep or sleep naked. Don't bother me, stranger."
I shut the door on his face and felt good.
I could be bold.
If I was good at writing, I would have written an autobiography on the oxymoronic twenty-one years of my life.

*********************************************************************************************************************
Chaya

It was four in the morning when Ragini and I sneaked out of the motel and reached the Walnut Groove where the honeymoon couple was staying. We decided to investigate the kiss and the aftermath. When we knocked on the door, Praneet was in a black shirt and black pant. Did he sleep in this?

"That is a very unique choice of sleep clothing, Prince Praneet," I commented and Ragini laughed with me.

Ragini teased her brother further by saying, "Looks like wife Pri, threw her husband out of the room last night."

"What are you two doing here early in the morning?" Praneet questioned in a rough voice.

"We came to see you off. I won't see you for some time. I will miss you, brother." Ragini side hugged him and put her head on his shoulder.

I want a brother too.
Uday! Where were you?

"Ragini, Chaya, just stay safe. Understand that you are royalty and sometimes people take advantage of that. As much as you say they are genuine people keep your guards on always. Pri's granny is the runaway princess, don't let her attitude affect..." Praneet stopped abruptly because Pri came out of her room.

Oh! no! What if she heard Praneet. I love granny so much.

"Good morning girls! What a pleasant surprise." Pri greeted us. Probably she didn't hear.