42. The RunAway Princess

Appal
Aghast
Paralysed
Traumatised
was our state. Ragini and me did not move from our place after granny left with the shocking story of the mighty Ex-King of Kesarganj.
Ragini took out her phone and called Praneet. Even after five back to back calls, he did not pick up. So, we called Pri and surprisingly she also did not pick up her phone. Fear engulfed us.

Ragini called Praneet's assistant and ordered him to ask Praneet to talk to her immediately. I could hear the boy running because of Ragini's threat.

"Sir, Sir... It's Miss Ragini. Sir..."  the boy called Praneet a couple of times still Praneet didn't react. Ragini was on the verge of crying.

"Praneetttt, " she shouted to catch Praneet's attention. "Put the phone on speaker mode, you fool," Ragini burst on the assistant and he did as told. "Praneet talk to me, it's urgent. What happened?"

"Huh!"
Finally, Praneet reacted and Ragini muttered, "Thank God, you responded. I am calling on your phone, wear your air pods. It's private."
"Thank you, Akshay and sorry for shouting at you." Ragini thanked the assistant and disconnected the call with him.

We video called Praneet and he looked as shocked and devasted as we were. Did he also find out about his grandfather?

"Praneet what happened?" Ragini asked him softly. We could see he was under trauma. He was not even looking at us.

"I don't know. Pratima said something I am not sure I heard correctly." Praneet's voice was so low.

"Ask her to repeat then. Anyways, your lovey-dovey newly-wed drama can wait. We have to tell you something very crucial. Praneet Dada Saab is a GAY." Ragini was such a bad storyteller. She revealed the climax before starting the story.

But that caught his attention and he asked, "He is what? What are you saying?"

Ragini and I narrated the entire story to Praneet and he was astounded.

"We could have never found that out Ragini. Dada Saab has kept his secret well. I had got my hands on a man who was his close ally in his younger days. I am suspecting him to be his lover. Dada Saab is taking out his frustration and anger on us. He could not unite with his love so he has made it an agenda to do the same with us. You know our parents were also a victim of a coerce wed-lock and look where they are today. Separated as a couple but together as parents. It's because of him even after separating on good terms none of them could choose a new partner for the rest of their lives."

"But we can't reveal Dada Saab's secret. You can't blame him completely. If accepting gay culture is such a difficult task even today then imagine how tough must have been in that era. Yes, his autocratic nature cannot be justified but we need to act wisely. Granny has hidden his secret even after hating him so much, he is still your family." I suggested the brother-sister duo.

Three of us were silent when Praneet asked, "What do you suggest girls? Wait, I will call you later someone is calling repeatedly."

The call was disconnected and we were thinking about our next move. Exposing Dada Saab and blackmailing him was an easy option but we wanted him to embrace his true identity. We wanted him to accept us.

"Ragini, if your grandfather accepts us, maybe my father also will. I just hope that this can be settled in a better way. Our dream to become one with everyone's accord will realise. Still, if we fail we have this amazing female called 'granny' with us." I told Ragini with hope in my tone and her eyes reflected my emotions.

Ragini's phone rang again. It was Praneet. "Ragini, Chaya, I am sending a charter, and in the next two hours I want you two along with Pratima's granny here. It's urgent. Pratima... Pratima... is missing. I have an ill feeling something has happened to her." Praneet was very disturbed and so were we.