47. Royal-Weddings

Our story was more tangled than the old earphones in a drawer

"When I was trying to find something against Dada Saab a name from his young days, Shyam Juneja caught my attention. I tried to find their links and why suddenly the best friends separated but couldn't find anything. I think I know what to do." Praneet told his part of the story and Granny gave him a knowing smile.

The day ended with happy faces, after all, it was granny's birthday. Uday gave the news to Vivasvan and the couple decided to meet and celebrate. Ragini and Chaya were celebrating too.
I touched the side of my bed where my husband slept months before. I could still smell his scent. I missed his touch, his eyes that were so dreamy, his divine kisses. Just a few more months before we shall meet again.

(skipping six months ahead)

I wrote my last exam today. Praneet will reach soon and I had lots to do. Chaya and Ragini had planned on dolling me up. Misha was heartbroken to know Uday was a Gay and I was married to a prince. Her queen bee status was a little shaken. Though she wished me good luck.
My parents decorated our house to welcome their son in law. We decided to have a court marriage while Chaya and Ragini wanted a traditional wedding. So, our backyard was decorated. Uday did play the perfect brother and arranged everything.

My mother took me to Mussoorie's best boutique. I finally entered one. She insisted I buy the best dress available. I knew our finances well but the dress I chose was in Praneet's favourite colour. RED. He said he lost control when I wore red and I so wanted him to shed the control. It was enough. Watching Gay couples around me making out had made me horny.

My granny gave me her bangles

My granny gave me her bangles. The only set of gold bangles she had. I refused but she insisted. The backyard looked like a bride. Some neighbours asked the reason for the celebration so we just told them it was a pooja. Same-sex marriage was still not legal in our country but who could stop when two people in love have decided.

Around five in the evening, I was ready and desperately waiting for my boyfriend cum fiance cum husband above all, my friend. Yes, he was my best friend and I made sure I was his. I didn't want Claudia to fit in any status in his life. He solely belonged to me. I was not just possessive about him but I wanted to be the only star in his universe.

Chaya, Ragini and I clicked several pictures. We were all decked up. Disha made a slow-motion video of my twirl and I told her how much I missed her on my engagement. A loud noise from the street caught our attention and we peeped out of the window.
Dressed in a white bandhgala and sitting on a horse was the man who took my breath away. Praneet, the name itself accentuated the red hue on my face.
A royal band from Kesarganj was playing ahead of him. How was it possible? We decided till they didn't accept Ragini and Chaya we will not keep any relation with them. My face lost its colour. Did Praneet change already?