Effects

L -

I drank the glass straight and let the alcohol burn my throat. Octagon Club has been my sanctuary for almost three years. Being the most popular Club in Seoul, naturally getting in won't be easy. What I love about Octagon Club is the multiple floors all decked out in different themes. The top floor is exclusive for VIP members and if you're not part of the red list, then you can't get in.

"I like this tie babe" the girl brushes my skin with the tip of her fingers.

She whispers "wanna play with me?" and bites my earlobe while she grazes her lips along with my ear.

I look at her straight in the eye and waited for my heart to pound. She meets my gaze, her eyes filled with lust. I wait again. But nothing, I didn't feel anything at all. My heart didn't race the way it did with Jennie and I still wonder why.

"Sorry, but I got company" the girl looks over her shoulder as Chaeyoung comes inside the VIP room. She removes herself from my lap and goes out of the room.

"Lisa, don't you think it's time you find a proper girl for yourself?" Chaeng asks while she flops herself on the couch and begins to devour all the food on the table.

"Aren't you tired of this lifestyle? You've been like this since, you know?"

Sighing, I pour another glass and Chaeng eyes me carefully.

"Are you even listening to me, Lisa?" She scowls and I roll my eyes.

"Chaeng, I love you for being with me all the time. But you know I'm not into serious relationships right?"

"Exactly Lis! I'm worried that you'll -" she stops midsentence.

"Worried about what Chaeng?" I tilt my head on the side.

"Worried that you'll get sick with random hookups!" She yells and I burst out laughing.

"Hold on Chipmunk, you know I don't do hookups."

"Fine. Random flirts! But still -" she amends and argues more but I cut her off.

"I don't have sex with anyone Chaeng. I don't even like to kiss. Relax, I'm not going to get sick alright?" she narrows her eyes.

"I allow them to touch but I don't go intimate. I'm not capable of such emotion" I continue.

"You always say that" she pouts and I hug my best friend.

"Oh c'mon Chaeng, you know that it's true"

"Everyone can love Lisa," she flicks my nose "and when I say everyone, that includes you"

"You just have to find the right person to accept this" she points to my chest.

If people find me heartless, Chaeng is the only person who believes that I still have one.

"Why don't you find yours instead of you finding mine?" I suggest dodging the topic and she shakes her head.

"That won't happen as long as you're my boss. My time is married to my job so I'm not going to add more stress"

"Are you saying that I'm such a bad boss?" I scowl at her and she laughs. - an awkward one.

'Ha. Ha. You're so funny Lisa. Of course not! You're the best boss! Didn't I tell you that?" she smiles and I scoff.

"You're such a bad liar Chipmunk"

"I was just joking with you Lis. You know I love you and to support you is something I love to do" she smiles and this time - a genuine one.