The girl in Lisa's dream

L –

"Can I?" I ask the girl as I reached for her mask. She tried to stop me by gently placing her hand over mine.

"I want to see you behind this mask" she bits her lower lip and gently removes her hand that was holding me.

I held her chin and gently lift her head. Time stopped the moment our gaze met. Staring at her cat-like eyes got me lost inside a wonderland where you'd wish to stay forever.

She smiles at me and nods her head.

"Let me do it" she says as she turns her back from me.

Reaching behind her head, she untangled the white lace of her mask. Every second of anticipation felt like forever to me. My heart was racing and I could hear the loud beating of my heart.

And as if everything went on slow motion, she turned around and I stood frozen in front of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

"Hi"

I snap my eyes open from the beautiful dream causing the girl beside me to stir. I stare at the girl sleeping peacefully, her lips slightly ajar and her face covered with a few loose strands.

Why are you in my dream Jennie?

She smiles at her sleep and I can't help but draw a smile too. I reach for the loose strands and tuck it behind her ear. She stirs and snuggles closer to my chest. The warmth that radiates from Jennie's flushed body against mine was anything but perfect.

"Good morning Beautiful" I whisper as I tighten my embrace on her small frame.

"5 more minutes Lisa" she whines against my chest sending goosebumps against my body.

"Okay" I kissed the top of her head and I felt her lips form a smile against my bare chest.

Yup, I slept naked under the sheets of Jennie Kim while she slept in the comfort of her silk robe. But I didn't care less because I can still feel every inch of her skin on the tip of my fingers.

You'd say I'm crazy because I just memorized every single inch of Jennie's body, every curve and every freckle, including the dimple at her back. I will worship her goddamn body if I have to.

Having Jennie beside me before going to bed and every morning would be the best thing that can ever happen.

Baby steps Lisa, baby steps.

I remind myself.

I'm glad that the nightmare didn't repeat, but I'm still thinking about that beautiful dream, that beautiful dream that would always make me sad for not being able to see the girl behind the mask.

But why would Jennie show in my dream as that girl?

Do I like her that much already?

Shouldn't I be happy now that I saw the girl behind the mask?

Why do I feel like I'm missing something?

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jennie interrupts, pulling me out from my clouded mind.

I glance at Jennie and she had that amused smile plastered on her beautiful face.

"Nothing, I was just daydreaming. Aren't you hungry?" I ask.

"I want to stay here with you for a little longer"

"Okay but I think I'm hungry and you need to eat" I caressed her face.