Awaken

Present....

J

“We have to go Jendeuk, we already missed our flight three times and both our managers are already pissed off” I looked at Jisoo with pleading eyes.

I don’t want to leave Lisa.

Not yet –

She hasn’t opened her eyes for three days straight and I’m already worried sick.

“Unieeeee – “ I plead and she looks at me with pity in her eyes. I know she’s having a hard time too.

Jisoo cares about her as well. I know that for a fact.

“Look Jendeuk, I also want to stay and wait for Lisa to wake up but we already missed a lot” she sighs and I tried so hard not to cry. I have already cried a lot and my eyes are already tired.

Jisoo has already missed two commercial films while I missed two photoshoots for Vogue and Elle.

Both our phones had been ringing straight 24 hours with our pissed off managers on the line.

“Unnie, you can go. I promise to send you a message as soon as Lisa gains consciousness.” Chaeng chimes in.

“Jendeuk please”

I glance at Lisa one more time and held her hand.

“You have to wake up Manoban or I will kill you”

I bite my lower lip and a tear escaped my eye.

I lean down and placed a chaste kiss on Lisa’s forehead.

“I’ll wait for you baby, please come back to me” I whisper.

~

“You okay?” Jisoo asks as we both settle down on our seats. We are now on back in Seoul and I am literally dragging my feet to move forward.

I may be physically away from Lisa but my mind, heart and soul remained in France with her. Beside her hospital bed, beside the person I love the most.

I nod my head and gave Jisoo a small smile.

I’ve been texting Chaeyoung as soon as we landed and Lisa is still unconscious.

I bite my lower lip, a habit that I got accustomed to whenever I feel too many emotions.

“Relax Jendeuk, she’ll wake up soon.” Jisoo taps my shoulders and the tension subsides a little.

“Thank you Unnie”

I skyped Chaeyoung and locked myself in my bedroom to get a news from Lisa.

Her eyes were still closed just like how I left her –

lifeless.

“The doctor said she’ll wake up soon, they increased the dosage of her medicine and Jiyong is doing what he can to make sure Lisa will be in her best condition” Chaeyoung explains and I nod at her.

I look at Lisa from the screen and my heart hammers out from my chest.

Not even after three years, she still has that same effect on me –

She still gives me butterflies in my stomach and a crazy heartbeat.

“Thank you Chaeyoung, please call me if anything happens” I say and ended the call.

I have been restless for days and my body has been begging me to sleep.

Jisoo is out for a commercial film, thank God that they adjusted the schedule for her. My guilt will eat me alive if Jisoo blows off such opportunity.