Shutting down

Before she even stood beside me, I already knew that she was there. Her intoxicating scent already reached my nostrils –

Musk and Mulberry.

"Did you get back here to give me a penny?" I ask while I glance through my mask

She scratches the back of her neck.

Bowing her head like a shy kid "uhm, I-I guess so"

"Cute" I mumbled, hoping that she didn't hear it.

"How did you know that I would be here?" I ask.

"I didn't actually. I just hoped you'd be here" she looks at me with her beautiful brown eyes and I felt heat building up my cheeks.

I'm probably blushing.

Dammit Jennie Kim!

"Did you know that wishing on a meteor shower will give you a 100% chance on getting that wish granted?" She breaks the silence and I glance back to her.

She was breathtakingly beautiful. Her plump lips are definitely her main asset. I wonder how it feels to be kissed by those lips.

"I heard about that theory" I said without breaking eye contact.

"Well today's your lucky day pretty lady" she reached below my chin and made me look at the sky.

My eyes widen in shock as I began to marvel at the cosmic sky.

"It's beautiful!" I gasp.

"I know" she mutters and I feel like melting from her husky voice.

I can see her looking at me through the corner of my eyes and I felt anxious under her beautiful doe eyes.

"Make a wish" she whispered to my ear. Her lips slightly grazing at my skin making me shiver at the contact.

I closed my eyes and take great pleasure from our close proximity.

"I wish I could stay longer with her"

J –

My beautiful dream was cut short when I felt hands brushing my hair.

"Lisa?" I call out.

"It's me Jendeuk" Jisoo answers.

"Oh" opening my eyes, I felt a throbbing pain from my head.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Just for a few hours. You fell asleep after speaking with Chaeyoung" Jisoo looks at me with concern and I gave her a small smile.

"I brought some clothes. Go take a shower and change so you'll be comfortable" she hands me a paper bag.

Lisa was still unconscious. It has been 64 hours since the incident.

I placed a light kiss on her cheek before heading to the bathroom with the paper bag in my hand. Jisoo went back to our hotel while I was sleeping to get some clothes.

I took a quick shower and wore the jeans and white shirt in a hurry, not wanting to prolong my distance from Lisa's side.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Chaeyoung walks in with Lisa's personal doctor. He placed his satchel on the center table and sat on one of the couches.

He clears his throat while we all stood frozen in place. Jisoo walks over to my side.

"Lisa will be okay. In a few days or maybe hours, she will wake up." He begins.

Chaeyoung exhales loudly and Jisoo smiles at me. But I wasn't convinced, I knew there's more.

"Will she be okay once she wakes up?" I asked with a rapid heartbeat. I noticed Chaeng waiting for an answer and Jisoo looking at me worriedly from my peripheral vision.

I saw the doctor clench his jaws as he looks at us with stoic face. There was an awkward silence in the room, and the only thing I can hear was the crazy beating of my heart.

"I don't want to sugar coat anything and I'll be honest with you" he said and showed me a scan of Lisa's brain.

"The incident caused some damage at Lisa's Hippocampus" he said. I may not understand what he just said but I knew deep down my heart that it was a good news at all.

"In more simple terms, the hippocampus is located in the brain's temporal lobe, it is where episodic memories are formed and indexed for later access" he said while pointing at the images of Lisa's brain.

My heart was shattering into pieces in every second I tried to process what the doctor was saying.

"Once she wakes up, there are only two things that can actually happen –" Jiyong glances at Chaeyoung, then he fixes his gaze at me with lips set on a grim line.

"One, her memory impairment might worsen or two –"

My heart started to beat so fast, I felt like having a heart attack.

"She might regain all her memories back" he completes his sentence and my mind shuts down.

------