Breaking apart

He pulled me through my hair. "Listen Lisa, your mother is a cheater and a whore. I'm going to cleanse you from her blood and baptize you so you will be reborn" he whispers through his gritted teeth and before I can even plead for my life, he pushed me down.

I sink in the cold water and I struggle to find air. My lungs slowly deteriorated from lack of oxygen and I squirm against my father's hold but I was no match against his muscularity.

Just a few more seconds under the water and I'm already on the brink of death.

I stirred and shift to escape but it was useless. The water was everywhere and I quiver in fear.

"Someone please help me!" I screamed but only bubbles came out. 

The cold water felt heavy and my brain stopped functioning while my heart hammered out of my chest.

I heard indistinct noise and inaudible voices from under.

"Sir! Let go of your daughter!" a man screams.

Help me please.

"Sir, you're going to kill your daughter if you don't let go!" another voice.

Please.

"Lisa?" My father hauled me from the cold water.

I took a deep breath catching the oxygen I needed. Trembling hands reached my face and I shiver from the cold calloused hands that were caressing my cold numbing cheek.

When I met my father's gaze, my heart broke. His eyes were filled with tears that didn't stop flowing. He became a drug addict and he hallucinates every night. 

"Oh my god I'm sorry, Lisa forgive me"

Police yanked my father away leaving me empty and disoriented.

Someone pulled me out of the pool and covered me with a blanket. I was trembling, shuddering from fear and everything that's going on.

"Don't" I tried to tell them.

I watch the police hold my father down the ground.

He looked at me in the eye and he –

He was crying while repeatedly saying "I'm sorry my dear Lisa"

And in a heartbeat, I heard something that ruined my sanity.

Gun shot.

A deafening sound of a gunshot stopped the beating of my heart.

"Nooooo!!" I screamed.

I helplessly watched my father collapse on the puddle of his own blood –

Dead.

My father was dead and my sanity died along with his last breath.

------------

J –

I kept silent as Chaeyoung helped the man pull Lisa's body from the pool.

Lisa was unconscious. Her plump lips were dreary and dull.

My heart was racing fast and it ached every second Lisa stayed lifeless..

"We have to bring her to the hospital" Chaeyoung speaks and the man carried Lisa in a swift manner.

"Jennie"

"Jennie we have to go"

"Jennie pull yourself together!"

"Unnie, Lisa – " were the only words that came out of my mouth.