Missing

J

Weeks.

Two weeks since we left Paris.

One week since the last time Chaeyoung contacted me. She has been dodging my calls and my messages and it’s frustrating me so much I can no longer contain it.

Jisoo tried to reason out saying that everything is fine. She may have already provided me a thousand reasons and excuses but no, I can’t bring myself to believe that everything is okay.

I have no patience left in my body and I badly needed to see Lisa.

336 hours without her feels like years of agony to me.

An idea slowly creeps into my mind but I tried to push it away.

What if she did remember me from three years ago?

Maybe she figured it out and felt disgusted.

A tear escaped my eye which I quickly wiped using the back of my hand but I fear that my hunch is correct.

Please let it be a mistake.

“Jennie?” Jisoo calls out snapping me out from my misery.

“You okay?” she asks and I nod at her.

“Unnie, what if she remembers? Maybe she actually did so she decided to stay away. What if she didn’t remember me again? What will happen now?”

Series of questions came out of my mouth and Jisoo remained calm while trying her best to calm me down. 

We decided to eat out today – no let me rephrase that, Jisoo dragged me out of my apartment to eat outside because I have been locking myself in my bedroom.

“You need to eat Jendeuk. Lisa will be back, stop thinking too much. You’ve been stressed lately”

I didn’t answer and tried to bring the fork in my mouth.

The food that Jisoo ordered is great, it was actually my favorite but I really wasn’t in the mood to eat. My mind is shifting back to Lisa and the possibilities of her remembering me three years ago or her forgetting all about me again. My stomach churns at the thought and I feel my heart dropping.

“Have you tried visiting her in the office?” Jisoo asks and I tilt my head to one side.

The idea crossed my mind three days ago, but I was scared.

Scared that she might push me away or maybe embarrass myself because she no longer recognizes me.