Lisa's Past

J –

"What happened Chaeng?"

A voice of a man echoes through the back of my skull. I felt light-headed, probably from the lack of sleep and from my relentless crying.

I slowly open my eyes, it was a bit blurred but I know that my hand was still holding unto Lisa's.

There were muffled voices from the background and I know that the other person is Chaeyoung.

"She lost her temper, and she fell on the pool"

"And then what happened?" the man asks.

"I panicked but Jin dashed to the pool and saved her"

"When she pulled Lisa out of the pool, was she conscious?"

I didn't hear Chaeyoung respond, I'm guessing that she said no. I hear the man sigh heavily.

The memory flashes back and it was clear as the sky. I watched them pull Lisa out of the waters and she was already unconscious.

"Jiyong, what will happen to her? I don't – " Chaeyoung starts to sobs.

"Shhhhh. Everything will be okay"

"I don't want to lose my best friend again. Jiyong, I can't – " Chaeyoung's voice cracked and I felt my heart ache.

"We're not gonna lose her Chaeng, I promise"

With a few strength left in me, I stood up from my seat.

Jisoo was sleeping on the couch at the other side of Lisa's bed. We were still wearing the same clothes we had since the accident.

My eyes caught two figures from the living room.

"Chaeyoung?"

She snaps her head to my direction and when our eyes met, more tears fell down her beautiful face.

"Unnie" she calls out and I immediately pulled her to an embrace.

"Lisa, I can't lose her unnie. I can't" she cries and I had to swallow the lump on my throat to avoid myself from crying and breaking down again.

Chaeyoung needs to cry her heart out and if I break down, no one will comfort her.

"Everything will be okay Chaeyoung, Lisa is a strong and stubborn woman." I glance at Lisa and bit my lower lip.

"She's going to wake up. She needs to or I will kill her myself" I whisper and Chaeyoung starts to giggle.

"Unnie!" She slaps me on the shoulder while she brushes her tears away. I gave her a small smile.

Now I'm grateful that Lisa has Chaeyoung. She loves Lisa like her own blood, just like Jisoo and I.

"Ahh. You must be the famous Jennie Kim" the man chimes in.

He has dark hair, piercing eyes and a coy smile. He was wearing a knitted sweatshirt and a black chino pants. His ears are full of piercings and his skin was covered with ink.

"Unnie, this is Jiyong" Chaeyoung introduces and the man extends his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you Ms. Jennie Kim." I reached for his hand and glanced at Chaeyoung with a puzzled look.

Chaeyoung seemed to understand my thoughts.

"She's Lisa's personal doctor" my eyes widen with shock.

I scanned the guy from head to toe while he kept his coy smile plastered on his beautiful ragged face.

Is he even reliable?