Three years ago (Part 1)

L -

Three years ago

As we both stood under the cosmic sky, it felt surreal that a girl like her exists. The meteor shower stopped and she looks at me over her shoulder.

My breath hitched the moment her eyes caught mine -

She was ethereal.

"Can I ask you out for a coffee?" I blurted the words out and the most beautiful sound resonated in my ears.

Her laughter was enchanting.

"I don't even know your name yet"

"My name is Lisa" she smiles, but there was something that flickered in her beautiful cat-like eyes -

Misery.

"I can't, I'm sorry" she bows her head and bites her lip.

"I have to go. You should go too Lisa, -" she glances at her watch.

"You can't stay here"

She walked awaylike cinderella at midnight and I got stuck in a moment of pain.

I watch the estate go dim and the lights from the fountain die. The party was over and only tables and chairs from the garden remained.

I should go home but my heart told me to find her.

And so I did.

~

"Ma'am, party's over. You should go home" two large men held my ground when I tried to walk in the large estate and I wondered why.

"Why? What's inside?"

"Nothing ma'am, just go home" the taller guy speaks.

My furrows creased and my heart started to feel heavy.

"What's going on inside?" I ask.

"Nothing special ma'am. Just a private auction and only VIP's are allowed to come in"

"Then let me in" I brushed past them but I was pulled back immediately.

"I don't think so"

"What the fuck is going on inside? Why won't you let me in?" I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you have to go" the man grabs my wrist and dragged me to the door.

Jennie's voice cuts through me -

"You should go too Lisa"

"You can't be here"

I yank my arm from the man's hold and sprint away but not even after a few steps, strong arms held me down the ground.

My face slams on the marbled floor and a loud deafening noise echoed through my ears.

"Don't move!" the man shouts as he weighed me down the ground.

They were definitely strong but I was agile.

So without any warning, I rolled and switched our places in one swift move knocking the guy down.

Seven men came running from the large hallways of the estate and soon, fists were flying from left to right.