A Beautiful Distraction

J –

"Unnie, I have a problem"

I glance at Jisoo whose nose is stuck on a book. She came last night and decided to stay over while we watch some Disney princess movies.

Kim Jisoo, is the only friend I have in life. We were together since we were young and she's the only family I have left although we weren't blood-related.

My parents are both dead and my life wasn't that great ever since.

"So Jendeukie, what's the problem?" she probes as she closes her book and turns her full attention to me.

"I –I had sex with Lisa yesterday" I confess and averted my eyes to the ground.

"Oh god Jennie. You're still head over heels for her aren't ya?" I bite my lip.

"Are you certain that Lisa doesn't remember anything from three years ago?" Jisoo asks with a lace of concern in her voice.

I shake my head.

"How did that happen? Did she get amnesia or something?"

"I don't know unnie. But shouldn't I be happy that she doesn't remember me that way?" I bit my lip hard.

Jisoo sighs and embraces me as I melt in her arms like a child.

"You know I have high hopes that even if Lisa remembers, she won't hate you in any way. I know she's a good person" Jisoo tightens her grip.

"You deserve this life that you have now Jendeuk, so stop retracing your steps to that ugly past that we once lived in" she continues.

Jisoo was like a big sister and a mother to me. She knows what to say in times like these. She may be a dork but she always perceives the right words to say.

She breaks the embrace and smirks at me while she wiggles her eyebrows.

I know what she's thinking.

"So, dirty girl. How was it?" she teases and I instantly blush.

"Unnie!"

She laughs and the heat in my cheeks starts to burn. I will never have the guts to share my sex life with this chickenhead.

"Jendeuk your phone is ringing" Jisoo points at my phone and I instantly answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Jennie Kim" that voice.

How can I ever forget that raspy voice when she moaned my name over and over?

Jisoo asks who the caller was and I mouthed "Lisa". She started happy jumping and I shake my head at her silliness.

"Dinner at 7 pm" Lisa speaks again and my heart started to beat fast.

"Are you asking me out Manoban?" I tease and Jisoo gives me a thumbs-up.

"No – I mean, Yes." She stutters and I had to bite my lip to suppress a smile.

Such a cutie.

"And how did you get my number?"

I sat on the couch while Jisoo places her ear near my phone.

"I have my ways Ms. Kim" she huskily says and I feel heat building between my legs.

"And what if I say no?" Jisoo look at me bewildered but I wink at her.

"Not because you tied me on my couch means I can't have you, Ms. Kim. I'll see you at 7 or I will drag your pretty ass out from that luxury apartment of yours"