Chess Game

J -

Once we landed at the main land, my legs were wobbly and weak. Seeing a number of men with guns and masks on the dock made me realize how dangerous the situation is.

But I immediately dismissed the thought away -

Because I need to save Lisa.

I need to get my fiancé back.

"Ms. Kim, do you know how to drive? Or would you like to ride with me on a motorbike?" Jin asks and I shake my head.

"I want to drive Jin"

I needed to feel independent. It was neccessary for me to find a way to divert my adrenaline rush and driving would be the best option.

Jin nods his head and showed me a blue Kia stinger.

"You can take this car Ms Kim. Lucas will accompany you" Jin held the door open for me and I see Lucas standing on the other side.

I stepped inside the car and buckled myself while Jin closes the door. I see Lucas taking the shotgun seat from my peripheral view and gripped on the steering wheel tightly.

"I have set the GPS to Ms. Manoban's tracker device so all you need to do is follow"

"Thank you Jin"

I stepped into the gas and the car roared to life. My insides are trembling from the agonizing pain that my heart feels at each second that passes by.

I was taking the lead as Lisa's men trailed behind my car. There were a total of 8 cars and 10 motorbikes behind me with only one goal at the moment -

To save their master.

To save my Fiancé.

Lucas was quiet the whole time as he plays with a knife on his hands while I drive on full speed.

I watch the red dot as it continuously blink and my heart sinks further down to oblivion as I think of Lisa being tortured or in pain.

The night breeze gave me chills but it was nothing compared to the tension I am feeling right now. My heart beat wasn't normal as it competes with the speed of the car.

"Ms. Kim, we're near the perimeter. Just park the car on that side of the road" Lucas breaks the silence.

I glance at the GPS and see the close distance from the red dot.

My Manoban is closer and I can't help but cry.

I tried to brush the tear as quickly as possible because I have to be strong for her, for us.

"Ms. Kim" Jin parked his motorbike beside the car and I noticed that he has a black stripe painted on his face.

"You have to stay here while we enter the manor. We will get Ms. Manoban without any casualties and I promise to bring her back safe and sound"

"But I need to -"

"Ms. Kim, just trust me on this. She's more than a family to me and knowing that you are safe is what she would want to hear" Jin said the words without blinking an eye. He must've really meant every word.

"Alright, but please hurry" 

He nods and does some hand signals that I know nothing about. The men had the same stripes painted on their faces with riffles and guns on their hands.

They moved in silence and I watch them slowly disappear from the darkness as they follow Jin's command.

I lean on the car seat and heaved a heavy sigh.