The beginning of the end

L -

I left the island with a heavy heart. Leaving Jennie for now is safer than bringing her with me, I know they will be protected in the island as long as they stay there.

The island is unknown to the map. No one has ever penetrated the island without my knowledge.

I didn’t tell anyone about the deal with Eric Nam – not even my trusted security, Jin. But knowing how intelligent he is, I’m sure he will figure everything out in time.

My mind wanders back to Jennie and my heart feels heavier than it already is.

Before I met Jennie, I was always ready to die. I even attempted to kill myself multiple times.

But now that I have Jennie –

Death scares me.

“Ms. Manoban, your bike is ready” As soon as I arrived at the private port, Lucas stood prepared on the dock.

“Thank you Lucas”

I grabbed the helmet and wore it over my head. As I hurled myself on the bike, Lucas watched me in silent.

“Lucas, I want you to gather the men and protect the island at any cost”

I brought the engine to life and rode the Ducati Monster in full speed.

The drive took two hours and a half and my muscles were already numb from the heavy vibration of the engine as I ride in full speed.

I stood in front of a manor and my heartbeat began to race. Every step I took made my heart sank deeper as I walk near my own downfall, or worse –

My own death.

The deal was to bring myself unarmed or Jennie will be harmed.

Of course I chose the first one.

Nobody will lay a finger on my Jennie Ruby Jane or I will kill without mercy.

I kept on walking without any clue on where to go and I ended up in front of a large window pane.

My heart sank as I felt déjà vu.

I watched in silent while men gathered in one big hall as they bid on the woman standing on the podium beside a fucking bidder.

This time was worse than the Private Auction I once witnessed as the woman stood naked in front of the men bidding for them.

Fucking Bastards.

My jaw clenched and I wanted to rip their hearts out.

My body was shaking in rage as the girl stood helpless beside the bidder.

“A better auction right?” A voice cuts in.

My head turns to the right and I see the devil smirking at me.

Eric Fucking Nam.

“You asshole”

I was about to tackle the bastard but two men pulled my arms behind my back.

“You fucking heartless coward!”

I tried to escape but my hands were already tied behind my back and they forced me to kneel in front of the demon.

“Nice try Manoban, but you’re in my territory”

“I will kill you Eric. I will tear your limbs into fucking pieces and I’m going to rip your head out” I growled at him.

I felt a sting on my cheek when his fist landed on my face.

“FEISTY”

He rubbed his fist with my blood on his suit and sat on the chair beside the pool.