Under the stars

L -

My heartbeat speeds up as I pop the question in front of the only woman I fell in love with.

With one knee on the ground, my adrenaline courses through every fucking vein in my body while Jennie remained quiet.

What if she says no?

How am I supposed to handle that?

 1 day before the proposal –

“Lisa can you stop moving around? You’re making me dizzy. What is bothering you anyway?” I looked at my best friend with teary eyes and sat on the couch opposite her.

 “Chipmunk, I want Jennie to be mine” I say and she furrows her brows.

 “Isn’t she already yours?” she asks and I shake my head.

 “No chipmunk! I mean – “ scratching my nape, I sighed and swallowed the lump on my throat.

 “I want Jennie for the rest of my life”

 “You what?!” She looked at me with wide eyes and her cheeks got puffier than the usual as she yells at me with food on her mouth.

 “I want to marry her Chipmunk, I want to grow old with her and die with her”

 Chaeng swallows the food and gulps down the whole glass of water.

 “Okay, let’s not talk about dying Lis but marrying her?” she stops midsentence while she fans her eyes that are now brimming with tears.

I was surprised when she forcefully pulled me for an embrace and tackled me down the couch.

“I’m so proud of you Lisa!“

She pulls away taps the screen on her phone.

“What are you doing?” I eyed her suspiciously.

“Shhhh!” she points a finger at me as she puts her phone on her ear.

“Love, we’ve got a proposal to plan so get your ass in my office now” she ends the call and my jaw drops. I never knew Chaeng is the bossy one.

Present –

Time seems to cheat on me when Jennie slowly reached for my face. Her eyes were brimming with tears and I felt my heart clawing its way out of my chest.

She nods her head and my eyes began to water.

“Is that a yes?” I ask and she pecks my nose.

“Yes, I will marry you Lalisa Manoban”

And as if everything stopped, my heart exploded with happiness.

Tears escaped my eyes as Jennie attacked my lips. She knocked me down on the sand while she lay on top of me. The kiss was full of love and I have never been this happy in my entire life.

Jennie will always be my destiny.

Fate brought us together twice and I exist because of her.

She pulls away and her cat-like eyes that made me crazy three years ago was staring right through me.

“Now put that ring on my finger Manoban before I change my mind”

I smile and placed the diamond ring on her finger. Jennie smiles as she stares at the diamond while it glitters under the moonlight.