The Hunt

L -

Weeks since I left that fucking hospital bed.

Weeks since I last saw my kitten, my Ruby Jane, my Jennie, my love.

Weeks since Jin and I started the hunt –

The hunt for Eric Nam.

“Our only lead right now is the girl” Jin says and I shut my eyes close.

I’m so tired..

It’s been weeks of sleepless nights since Jin and I started tracking down every man involved in Eric Nam’s private auction, especially those who bid on my precious Jennie three years ago.

I remember now -

I fucking remember everything including my broken promise to Jennie Ruby Jane Kim

Looking at the files scattered at my table, I go over every detail and profile of the men that we were able to eliminate for the last three weeks.

Some of the fucking assholes were already taken down three years ago when Jin and his men raided Eric’s mansion.

Yes, as soon as Jennie and I separated ways after the lovely night we shared, I ordered Jin to plan the raid on Eric’s stupid private auction without getting the media’s attention.

However, when my father died that same tragic night and depression caused me to lose my memory, Jin ordered the operation to stop. Unfortunately, Jin never got the chance to seize fucking Eric because he already escaped with some of his men.

Jin kept his mouth shut when Jennie and I met again. He wanted to respect me and he knew that it wasn’t his place to tell our story.

It wasn’t his fault that I forgot the only girl who made my heart skip a beat –

The only girl that I will ever love in this lifetime.

So despite how hard it is for me to stay away, I need to do it for Jennie’s sake. Even my best friend is clueless on what’s happening and that’s a choice I gladly made. I know she’ll only worry about me and worst, stop me from all these danger I’m getting myself into.

~

I parked my car and tossed the keys to the valet boy. The girl that will lead me to Eric Nam will be attending tonight’s Seoul Fashion Week. I need to pull my game face on or we will lose the only lead we have.

I pull my phone and dial Jennie’s eye.

“Give me details Lucas” I breathe trying to keep myself calm.

“She went shopping with Ms. Park and her best friend. They ate lunch and strolled the mall in the afternoon. They’re on their way back to her apartment now. I’m trailing their car”

Thank God Jennie went out. She locked herself since my disappearance and her pain was my pain too. It hurts to see the love of your life hurting but it’s more painful to know that your are the cause of her sorrows.

“Thank you Lucas, make sure they don’t notice you”

I end the call abruptly and released a sigh of relief. I maybe physically away from her, but my heart and soul is with her.

Just like before, I have planted a spy on Jennie to keep an eye on her. If I don’t have an eye on her, I’ll definitely go insane. I’ll make sure to reward Jisoo and Chaeyoung for being there for her when I’m not.

God I miss her so much and it hurts every second without her.

“The girl will arrive in 10 minutes Ms. Manoban” Jin speaks through my earpiece and I nod at his information.

And just like what Jin said, the girl arrived wearing a tight dress and a dark make-up.

Fixing my coat, I stride towards the girl and make the move.

Let the games begin.

Walking towards the red carpet where the paparazzi are standing by, I smiled and showed my charisma. If I get their attention which isn’t hard, I’m pretty sure that I will get the girl’s attention too.

“Ms. Manoban can we get a picture please!”

And just like what I said, getting the attention won’t be that hard. the cameras are now pointing at me and I give them the fakest smile for them to see.

The girl is now looking at my direction so I took that opportunity to walk over her direction.

“Hi” I said and the girl gave me a smile that made me cringe.

She wasn’t that pretty but why would Eric pursue this girl?

Or maybe because Jennie is the only girl that will ever be beautiful in my eyes.

“Hello. Lisa right?” she says and I nod my head.

“My name is Tzuyu.” She brushed her hair and tilt her head to the side. Her eyes were directly gazing at mine and I can’t help but feel betrayal coursing through my veins.

I am betraying Jennie for looking into another woman’s eyes and I feel sick to the stomach.

“Wow. You really do look good in person” she comments.

“Ms. Manoban, you okay?” Jin speaks through my earpiece jerking me back from my thoughts.

“I’m sorry, I just got lost there for a second.” I shake my head abruptly and I heard the girl giggle.

Focus Manoban!

You’re doing this for Jennie.

I offered a handshake which she gladly accepted.

“Lalisa Manoban” I introduced myself and gave her a smile.

“Are you here with someone?” I asked the girl.

“No I’m alone. Do you want to be my partner tonight?” she asks without hesitation and I smirk.

Well that wasn’t too hard.

“Sure” I simply said and she quickly laced her arm against mine.

We went to the red carpet together and the media began to blind our sight with hundred of cameras pointing at us. The girl smiled cheerfully while I am once again lost in a deep thought while looking at the cameras.

Two things will happen from this very second. First is what I am actually aiming for, to send Eric the message that I am back on the game by being with this girl beside me.

And second is the inevitable –

And that’s Jennie seeing me on the screen holding another woman when I never showed myself to her after the incident in Paris.

And I know for a fact that this will certainly hurt her.

----------

AN: so I tried writing in my phone and I guess maybe it still went well?

I hate it when I make you guys wait.

So please bare with me if there are typo errors.

Kase hirap magtype sa phone lalo na kapag mataba ang daliri. 😂😂😂