S3 Ch. 4 Wolves

We open to a Native American reservation, with Max and the kids being given a tour by one of Max's old friends, Mr. Green. He was currently telling the group about a dream catcher that was hanging from a shop stall.

Mr. Green: "Navajo legend says the web of the dream catcher protects the dreamer by holding the nightmares in the center, while while good dreams travel down the feathers to bless the person sleeping."

The group continues to follow Mr. Green down the street until they come across a young girl performing a native American dance. Who Ben was staring at with a blush on his face.

Mr. Green: "That's my granddaughter, Kai."

Max: "Oh, Wes. Last time I saw her, she was barely walking. Now look at her."

Mr. Green: "She's performing a ceremonial Navajo dance."

Ben: "Oh, wow. She's..um.. really good..."

Ben continues to stare at Kai as she dances. This doesn't go unnoticed by Y/n and the girls, who give each other knowing smiles. Y/n leans into Hope and Gwen, whispering.

Y/n: "It would seem Julie has some competition."

Hope: "So it would seem."

Kai finishes her dance and walks over to her grandfather, while Ben continues to blush. When she walks passed him, he sticks his hands into his pockets and finds a sudden interest in the ground. Kai looks over to Ben and gives him a smile and a small wave. Ben looks away bashfully, causing Kai to giggle. Gwen notices that dark clouds are rolling in above them.

Gwen: "You sure you're not doing a rain dance?"

Kai: "Positive. Why?"

It immediately begins to pour rain and purple lightning begins to strike the ground. Max ushers the kids towards the Rustbucket.

Max: "Take cover in the Rustbucket."

A bolt of lightning strikes the ground near the group. From the dust it kicked up, the silhouette of what appeared to be a giant bipedal wolf with glowing purple eyes emerged. The wolf quickly ran away from the group, however a torrent of water began to surge through the streets.

Mr. Green: "Flash Flood!"

The group scattered, trying to find high ground to escape the water. Max, Mr. Green, and the boys climbed onto the roofs of the buildings, while Gwen, Kai, and Hope climbed ontop of the Rustbucket. However, Kai and Gwen weren't fast enough and were caught in the water and swept away.

Ben: "Going Ripjaws!"

Ben and Y/n activated their watches, but Y/n was the only one to transform for some unknown reason.

Ben: "Okay, going as my self."

Ben ran along the buildings as Y/n dived into the water. While Kai was struggling on the surface, Gwen was thrown into one of the buildings by the water and knocked unconscious, now sinking into the water. Y/n quickly swam to her and brought her back to the surface. He jumped from the water onto the roof of a building and reverted back to human. Gwen was laying motionless, and wasn't breathing. After administering some CPR, Gwen regained consciousness while coughing up water.

Y/n: "Gwen, are you alright?"

Y/n held Gwen in his arms as Gwen smiled up at him.

Gwen: "My hero. What about Kai?"

Y/n looks down the street and sees that Ben had successfully saved Kai. As the two were hanging from a rafter.

Y/n: "Ben got her. Dont worry."