Ch. 4

The quiet surface of a lake is disturbed when a young boy does a cannon ball into the water. Ben resurfaces and mimics the sound of a roaring crowd.

Ben: "The crowd loves him!"

Gwen, who is standing at the end of a dock, look on at Ben antics.

Gwen: "Hey dweeb, do you think it's a good idea to be swimming at night?"

Ben: "Come on, jump in!"

Gwen: "Please. There is nothing that can get me in that disgusting water."

Y/n then walks up next to Gwen wearing his swimming trunks. Gwen blushes seeing her boyfriend shirtless.

Y/n: "Come on Gwen, it'll be fun."

Y/n gives Gwen a warm smile before jumping into the lake. Gwen weighs the pros and cons of swimming in the lake.

Gwen: 'Cons; Ben, grossness, and who knows what else. Pros; my shirtless and wet boyfriend...'

Gwen quickly runs back to the Rustbucket and returns a moment later with her bathing suit.

Ben: "I guess you're not such a dweeb after all."

Gwen is still hesitant to get in the water though. Y/n swims to the end of the dock and looks up at Gwen.

Y/n: "Come on, Gwen. Jump into my arms I wont let anything happen to you."

Gwen sits at the end of the dock and slips down into the water, into Y/n's arms. The two are holding each other close in a loving embrace... until it's broken by Ben splashing the both of them. While Ben is laughing at the two, they look at each other with evil grins. They then retaliate by slashing Ben, which soon becomes a slash fight between the three children. However, their fun is cut short when an enormous creature raises from the lake.

Gwen: "Swim for it!"

They race for the shore. When they reach dry land the three look back at the lake to see the creature gone. As if it was never there. Gwen is hugging Y/n out of pure fear.

-The next morning-

The kids and Max are walking along a boardwalk, all the while the kids are trying to convince Max of what they saw.

Gwen: "Its true Grandpa! We really saw it!"

Ben: "It was enormous!"

Y/n: "It almost ate us!"

Max: "I'm sure all you three saw was just a large fish. Now, come on we've got a boat to catch."

Ben, Gwen, and Y/n sulk in defeat. When they reach the boat, Gwen sees a bucket of worms and gags.

Gwen: "What's with all the slimies?"

Max: "Bait."

Gwen: "Well, I think I'll stay here Thank you very much."

Y/n: "Yeah me too. I'll stay here with Gwen."

Gwen smiles and grabs Y/n's hand. The two start to walk away when Max comments.

Max: "Okay, but you two dont know what you're missin."

Gwen: "I'm okay with that, after all I have everything I need right here."

Gwen then gives Y/n kiss on the cheek, causing him to blush. All the while Ben gags at them. Gwen and Y/n leave as Ben and Max get on the boat and leave.

Gwen and Y/n spend the day along the boardwalk sight seeing and enjoying each others company, with Gwen giving her boyfriend the occasional kiss when he doesn't expect it. However, Y/n keeps taking glances at the lake. Gwen notices and knows why.