Ch.6

Off the side of the road, Ben and Y/n were standing in the middle of a makeshift training range made by Max.

Max: "You two ready?"

Ben and Y/n smirk before activating their Omnitrixs.

Chromastone: "Let's see what this guy can do."

Max: "Remember to think out there boy. You cant always muscle it, might isn't always right."

Chromastone: "Got it."

Diamondhead: "I know, but it's the most fun."

Max proceeds to pull several levers cuasing cans and targets to pop out at the two. Ben easily shoots all the targets with diamond shards, however when Y/n tries to shoot shards nothing happens.

Chromastone: "Hmm, okay. So I can't shoot shards or morph my body. I'll figure this out."

Y/n continues to experiment while Gwen is sitting by the Rustbucket watching him train. She sits in a lawn chair, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees with her head resting in her palms.

Gwen: *dreamy sigh* "Y/n is the best."

Gwen looks at her right hand to see a silver banded ring with a small emerald on her middle finger. The ring has an intricate design of swirls engraved into the band.

Back with Ben and Y/n, a tire slams into Ben, who want paying attention, making him fire shards in all directions. Gwen is to distracted to notice the shards flying at her until she looks up, with almost no time to react. While most of the shards miss her, a small shard imbeds itself into her left forearm after she tries to cover herself.

Gwen screams in agony as her bleeds profusely. Y/n, Max, and Ben rush to her side.

Chromastone: "Gwen! Oh no!"

Gwen: *sobbing* "Grandpa! Y/n! Please help!"

Chromastone: "Max go get the first aid kit."

Max nods and runs into the RV while Y/n kneels next to Gwen.

Chromastone: "Gwen look at me, look at me!"

Gwen turns to Y/n with tears pouring down her face.

Chromastone: "Listen Gwen, I'm not going to lie. What I'm about to do is going to hurt like heck, okay?"

Gwen nods.

Gwen: "Can you hold my hand please?"

Chromastone: "Of course."

Y/n takes a hold of Gwen's right hand while he grabs the shard in her arm with his other hand.

Chromastone: "Okay, on three... one... two... THREE!!!"

Y/n pulls the diamond shard out of Gwen's arm cuasing her to scream in pain just as Max exits the Rustbucket with the first aid kit. Max is able to quickly wrap up Gwen's arm without her losing to much blood. Y/n then picks Gwen up, with her wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, and takes her into the Rustbucket. On his way, he looks at Ben who hasn't done it said anything. Y/n simply gives Ben a bone chilling glare before going inside the Rustbucket.