Secret of the Omnitrix, Part 1

We open to Max, Gwen, and Hope hanging upside down from chains, captured by Dr. Animo.

Gwen: "How do we always end up in these situations?"

Hope: "Not a clue. Maybe we're cursed?"

Max: "I'd put money on that."

Down below them, Dr. Animo activates his DNA bomb that's hooked up to a nuclear reactor.

Dr. Animo: "This nuclear reactor is the perfect way to detonate my DNA bomb into the atmosphere and de-evolutionize the world!"

At the opposite end of the room, Ben and Y/n bust through the door as Heatblast and Swampfire.

Heatblast: "Okay, Animo, science class is canceled."

Dr. Animo: "Fools! In less than a minute, the world will get a lesson it will never forget! In the meantime, meet my latest creation."

From above them, a giant hideous insect descends apon them.

Swampfire: "Bring it on! We'll barbecue that bug."

The boys shoot flames at a pule of oil barrels, which explode and envelope the big bug. However, the creature is unharmed. It emerges from he flames and charges at the boys. They dodge the bugs attack.

Gwen: "Guys, the DNA bomb!"

Ben shoots flames at the chain holding Max and the girls, and melts the chains. Freeing them. Max is able to use a grapple gun to swing himself and the girls to safety. The bug attacks them but it gets stinger stuck in the concrete.

Dr. Animo: "Not even the both of you can generate enough heat to melt that casing!"

Heat: "If we cant shut it down, we'll just have to turn it up."

The boys shoot flames into the core of the DNA bomb. As the boys begin to overload the reactor, Animo flees. Suddenly, an alarm blares and a yellow energy pulse is shot out from the DNA bomb. Max and the girls are able to take cover, but the boys aren't to lucky. The pulse hits the boys dead on, forcing them back to their original forms.

Above them, Animo is on his bug and flies away.

Max: "Boys, are you alright?"

Y/n: "I'm good."

Ben: "So am I. It's a good thing we were in hero mode, cause that DNA wave would've scrambled us."

The gang then notices that the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix are now emitting an orange glow. Suddenly, the watches are fully recharged.

Ben: "Alright, early green."

Y/n: "We better catch up with Animo."

Ben: "Right."

Before Max and the girls can protest, the boys try to transform into Stinkfly and Big Chill, but something goes wrong. While the boys successfully turn into their chosen aliens, they quickly shift after transforming. Ending up as Echo Echo and Greymatter.

Using Y/n's hoverboard, the boys are able to quickly catch up to Animo. The boys are able to deal with Animo and his buggy friend. As Max and the kids leave and let the police handle Animo, they make their way to a nearby shopping mall.

In the mall, Gwen and Hope were shopping in a clothes store while Max just looked around. Off to the side of the store, Ben and Y/n were leaning against the wall talking. Every so often, Gwen would glance at Y/n and think back to when he was turned into a baby. The strange golden patterns she saw were burned into her head. And every so often, she would look at his eyes, and for a split second she could swear she could see gold behind the natural color of his eyes. Maybe she just imagined it. But something in the back of her mind told her...

To run.

After several minutes of just talking to each other, the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix began to glow orange, red bars appeared on the edges of the dials, and a small energy pulse sent the boys flying into a nearby store clerk. This, for some reason, got the group banned from the entire mall.

Max: "Boys, what happened in there?"

Ben: "No idea."

Y/n: "The watches wigged out and sent us flying."

Gwen: "Are the both of you okay?"

Y/n: "Yeah, we'll be fine."

Max: "Come on, how about we get some sleep?"

Hope: "That's sounds good."

Max drove the Rustbucket out to a camping site in the woods. There everyone went to bed. While most of them were asleep, Gwen was wide awake. She was staring at Y/n. She couldnt understand it. Her instincts were telling her to run, to hide, to get as far away from Y/n as she possibly could. But why? Was it becuase of the hints of gold she keeps seeing in his eyes? Was he an alien? If so, what sort of alien could he be that it would trigger her instincts to run?

Gwen's thoughts were cut short when a bright light and loud rumble came from outside. Everyone awoke and rushed outside to be met with a large alien ship, aswell as a friendly face.

Y/n: "Tetrax!"

Tetrax: "Good to see you again, Y/n. I hope your friend has learned a thing or two since I last saw you all."

Ben: "Yeah, a couple lessons in humility."

Tetrax: "Good to hear, Ben. Good to see you too, Gwen, Max. And I dont believe we've been acquainted."

Hope: "Hi my names Hope."

Tetrax: "A pleasure."

Gwen: "How've you been since last we saw you?"

Tetrax: "I've been a little busy, but I came as soon as I heard."

Y/n: "Heard about what?"

Tetrax: "I picked up the SDM signals from the Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix."

Max: "SDM? Self destruct mode?"

Tetrax: "The watches broadcast a signal when it begins its countdown."

Ben: "The watches are going to destroy itself?"

Tetrax: "Along with the universe."

Hope: "What?!"

Tetrax: "Normally, if only one of the watches was going to self destruct, it would only take half the universe with it. But, the combined force of both the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix would destroy the entire universe. Do either of you know what triggered the self destruct?"

Ben: "The pulse from the reacter!"

Y/n: "That's what set it off! None of this started until after that."

Max: "Do you know how to stop it?"

Tetrax: "No, only Azmuth would know how to do that. Azmuth is the rumored creator of the Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix. Details on him are sketchy at best. No one is even quite sure which planet he lives on. I can find Azmuth with the equipment on my ship. I'll scan the watches for Amuth's DNA signature, with that we can track him."

Hope: "How long before the watches self destruct?"

Tetrax: "Judging from the patterns on the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix, we have at minimum, four earth days. We need to get moving."

Ben and Y/n quickly got dressed and were ready to go.

Hope: "Be careful, the both of you."

Ben: "Hey dont worry, I'll watch Y/n's back and he'll watch mine."

Y/n: "Always."

Y/n notices that Gwen is looking away from him.

Y/n: "Gwen, you okay?"

Gwen: "Yeah, I'm okay. Just be careful."

Y/n gives Gwen and Hope a kiss goodbye before him and Ban follow Tetrax onto his ship. Once onboard, the ship takes off, and quickly leaves Earth's atmosphere.