Ch. 11

Our heros are taking a tour in Voodoo museum, being led by an old tour guide.

Old lady: "And behind this impenetrable glass is the recently discovered and only known existing copy of the Arkamada book of spells."

The group sees a dark blue book, detailed with what appears to be gold, in a glass case.

Gwen/Old Lady: "It contains ancient witchcraft and rituals from the late 1600s."

Old lady: "Maybe you should work here, dear."

The lady walks off with the other guests.

Y/n: "Dont let mummy-face get to you."

Ben: "Yeah, she probably older than that spell book."

Ben blows a raspberry and throws his arms across his chest while making a face to emphasize. Gwen and Y/n laugh, but are interrupted when they are suddenly lifted to the ceiling with the rest of the tour group.

Max: "Something tells me this isn't on the tour."

Y/n: "No offense Max, but what was your first clue?"

Below them, a red swirling mist comes through the window. From it, two figures emerge in front of the book of spells.

 From it, two figures emerge in front of the book of spells

Hex: "The Arkamada book of spells

Hex: "The Arkamada book of spells. All of its power shall soon be mine."

Charmcaster: "We came all the way here for some dusty old book?"

Hex: "Insolent child! The book holds great power, now be silent. Fah-Me-Doof!"

The glass of the case exploded with a bright flash of light. As Hex lifted the book with his magic to his hand, he released everyone from the ceiling cuasing them to fall right as Ben and Y/n went to transform.

During the fall, Ben was able to transform into XLR8 and Y/n into Big Chill. Ben sped off to a large tapestry hanging from the wall and used it to catch the other tour guests while Y/n caught Gwen and Max, bringing them to the ground safely.

XLR8: "Everyone out!"

Max: "Ben, Y/n, be careful. You dont know what tricks he's got up his sleeves."