S3 Ch.7 Underwraps

Hello everyone, a little update about the kids. By this point in the story, their birthdays have already passed and the kids are now 12 years old, except Hope who is now 13. So as of now the kids are going start going through puberty, how exciting. You can taste my sarcasm it's so thick. Anyways, there is their updated ages now on with the story.

We open to a beautiful, sunny day. The kids are relaxing inside the Rustbucket, doing their own things. On one side of the table Gwen and Hope are snuggled up against Y/n as they are all reading their respective books, Bryce was perched on Y/n's shoulder, sound asleep, and Ben is on the other side listening to music while he plays a video game.

Ben: "Gotta love summer vacation. Nothing to do all day long but sit around and--Oh!"

Ben is surprise when Max, who is in his bath robe and still has shampoo in his hair, comes up behind Ben and places his hand on his shoulder.

Ben: "Grandpa, what gives?"

Max: "What gives is that I ran out of water in the shower... again. It's your job to keep the tank full, Ben."

Ben: "I will, just later."

Gwen: "Sure. The same way you're going to make your bed or take out the trash?"

Max: "You're a fine one to talk, young lady. The only reason you haven't done the dishes is because Y/n does them for you. In fact, more often than not he ends up doing most of your chores for you, Gwendolyn."

Gwen: "But its summer vacation, Grandpa."

Ben: "Yeah, if we wanted to do chores we could have just stayed home."

At that moment, as if by divine intervention, a radio ad for a farm looking for extra workers and to teach the value of hard work comes on the radio. And before the kids knew it, they were on the road to Dairyville's Family Fun Farm Camp.

Max: "Trust me. You're gonna love it. When I was a kid, I spent every summer on my uncle Jedediah's farm. Learning the value of a little hard work is just what you kids need."

When the gang arrives at the farm they are greeted by the farm owner, Joan, and her son, Todd, who was holding a piglet in his arms.

Joan: "Welcome. I'm a Joan Maplewood. Thia is my son, Todd. You must be the Tennyson's."

Max: "Yes. Call me Max. And these tenderfoots are my grandkids, Ben, Gwen, Hope, and Y/n."

Bryce then flies out of the Rustbucket and lands on Y/n's shoulder.

Y/n: "And this is Bryce."

Todd: "Hi!"

Gwen/Ben: *unenthusiastic* "Hey."

Y/n/Hope: "Hi."

Joan: "Well, enough chitchat. You're here to work. You can start by unloading that truck full of feed over there."

Joan gestures to a pickup truck that had its bed piled high with bags of feed.

Max: "Righty-O."

As Max and the kids started to unload the truck, Ben goes for the Omnitrix. Only to get a slap upside the head and a glare from Y/n.

After a few hours, Max and the kids were finished unloading the truck. Unfortunately, everyone was hot and sweaty. Y/n shirt was completely soaked through with sweat.

Joan: "You can give me ya shirt darlin'. I'll hang it up to dry for ya. Unfortunately, I dont have any shirts in your size."

Y/n: "That's ok, I could use a tan."