Ch.5

Max had decided to treat the kids to some ice cream on the way to their next destination. While Ben, Gwen, and Y/n were inside, Max was outside at the ATM machine.

Gwen: "What do you have that's nonfat with less than 3% sugar?"

Man: "Napkins. What about you boys?"

Y/n: "I would like some-"

Y/n was interrupted when he and Ben noticed a large man walking towards the store with a hook.

Ben: "I'm about to gi rocky road."

Ben runs outside while fiddling with his omnitrix, with Y/n close behind.

Y/n: "But I wanted chocolate chip."

Outside, the man impales the hook into the ATM and tells his skinny friend in his pickup truck to drive. However, has he hits the gas the truck begins to turn black and green. The skinny man is thrown from the truck unconscious. Ben, as his new alien Upgrade, defuses from the truck. The large man tries to go for his hook but is knocked out by Swampfire. Gwen then comes out of the ice cream shop and runs up to Swampfire as Max is congratulating the two.

Max: "Nice work boys."

Gwen hugs Swampfire.

Gwen: "You were amazing."

Swampfire: "Thanks, Gwen."

Upgrade: "Hey, what about me?"

Gwen: "What about you?"

Max: "Alright that's enough for now. Besides we have to get moving."

Swampfire: "Where we headed next Max?"

Max: "To see Ben and Gwen's Aunt Vera for the weekend."

Upgrade: "Not Aunt Vera! Oh man!"

Everyone was no back on the road, headed for Aunt Vera. In the Rustbucket, Ben was sitting at the table while Y/n was helping Gwen with the dishes.

Gwen: "When aunt Vera said she wanted to mave away from it all, she meant it."

Y/n: "What possessed her to move out in the middle of the Desert? I wouldn't live here even of you paid me."

Ben: "Who cares, besides this summer was suppose to be about f-u-n, not hanging out in some old lady's place."

Gwen: "I like aunt Vera, and I think you'll like her too Y/n."

Gwen gives Y/n a kiss on the check, to which he smiles at.

Ben: "That's becuase you already act like you're 100 years old. And will you stop that, do you have to latch onto his face every chance you get?"

Gwen: "Its called 'love' Ben, you'll understand when you're older."

Ben: "But I'm the same age as you!"

Y/n: "Couldve fooled me."

Y/n and Gwen share a laugh while Ben sulks at the table.

They finally arrive at the retirement center, with Ben still complaining. The three preteens are sitting at the table with Ben sitting across from Y/n and Gwen, who has her head rested on Y/n's shoulder while he is on her computer.

Ben: "This is gonna be so boring. Their idea of excitement in this place is probably watching the grass grow."

Y/n and Gwen are simply ignoring Ben at this point, enjoying each others company. It's broken when Ben yells.

Ben: "Whoa! Did you see that?"

Gwen and Y/n look out the window, but dont see anything out of the ordinary.