S3 Ch.10 The Return

We open to Max and the kids relaxing in the Rustbucket. Max was watching the tv while the kids were sitting at the table. Ben had just started reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, while Hope and Gwen were messing with Y/n's hair all the while Bryce was inside Y/n's shirt, poking her head out of his collar under his chin. Y/n hadn't bothered to cut his hair since the start of the summer, and it now was a bit long, running about half way down the back of his neck. The girls had decided to braid parts of his hair.

Ben: "Why are you letting them do that, dude?"

Y/n: "I'm not gonna cut it. Might aswell let them do something with it."

Gwen: "You are gonna look so cute when were done, babe."

Hope: "Yeah, its gonna be great. Just hold still a little longer."

While the girls continued to mess with their boyfriend's hair, Y/n decided to pass the time by talking with Ben.

Y/n: "How'd you like the first book Ben?"

Ben: "Loved it. I've only just started the second book. How many books are there?"

Y/n: "Seven. Each book is longer than the last. Also prepare yourself, the later books tug at your heart strings."

Ben: "What could possibly happen? The bad guy wins? I doubt it. Or are you gonna tell me that Ron and Hermione get together at the end? Cuase I dont see that happening, they are not meant to be together."

As Ben looks back down at his book, Y/n cringes knowing Ben isn't going to like the romance between Ron and Hermione.

The gang spent a few more hours relaxing until a weather forcast on the tv caught their attention.

Steve Cummings: "Today's launch of the Noven spacecraft has been delayed by a freak electrical storm. I've covered bad weather from the four corners of the globe, and I've never seen anything like this purple lightning."

Ben: "But we have."

Hope: "In the desert with that werewolf."

Y/n: "And on the farm with that mummy."

Steve Cummings: "This is Steve Cummings reporting live from the Kennedy space center."

Max started the Rustbucket and immediately got on the road.

Max: "Next stop, Cape Canaveral."

The drive took several hours, but the gang finally arrived at the Kennedy space center.

Gwen: "How are we going to get inside the space center to investigate?"

Max: "Not to worry. I've an old friend who can get us inside."

Max's old friend turned out to be the flight director of the space center.

Flight Director: "Max Tennyson! What's it been, 40 years?"

Max: "Give or take."

Flight Director: "Whatever happend to you? One day you were here, the next day, you were gone. Had to give your little walk to Armstrong."

Ben: "Armstrong? Like Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong? Grandpa, you were supposed to he the first man on the moon?"

Flight Director: "He sure was. So Max, what brings you here?"

Max: "Just playing tourist. Wanted to show the youngsters around the old stomping ground."

Ben walks forward admiring the astronaut memorabilia adorning the hall. However, he isn't paying attention and bumps into a Scientist, Dr. Vicktor.