S4 Finale: End of Summer

The day the kids had feared had finally come, the day that summer ended and they had to go home. Max drove the Rustbucket over the city limit as the kids saw the 'Welcome to Bellwood' sign out the window.

The kids were all at the back of the RV. Ben was laying on the top bunk, his head and arms leaning off the side. Gwen and Hope we're sitting on the bottom bunk. And Y/n was sitting in the floor with his back against the bathroom door.

"We're finally home." Ben said with a smile, but there was clear sadness in it.

"It felt like years since summer started." Gwen said.

"I know." Y/n agreed. "Its almost unbelievable, but we had a good time over the summer. Despite.. everything." The memories flashed through his head of the horrors they went through.

"But, school starts soon, so we have that to look forward to." Gwen said. Ben and Y/n just gave her a look that said, 'You can't be serious'.

"Yeah, I'm actually really excited for that. I've never gone to school before." Hope said, clapping her hands together. "And I won't be too far away from you all. Max will be taking care of me in town."

"That's great! We can visit everyday!" Y/n cheered.

"Alright kids, almost home." Max said from the front. They all sat down at the table and chatted while Max drove on, eventually coming to Ben's house first.

"Guess I'm first." Ben said as he stood up, tossing his backpack over his shoulder. He hugged Max, Hope and Gwen, gave Y/n a fist bump, and left the RV to be greeted by his parents. Max and the others waved at Ben as they slowly pulled away, Ben returning the waves with a smile.

Not long after, Max pulled up in front of Gwen's house. Gwen grabbed her bag and hugged Max and Hope, kissed Y/n goodbye, and left. Her parents waiting for her on the sidewalk. They all waved goodbye as Max made for his next stop.

Lastly, he pulled up to Y/n's house. Standing outside on the porch was his mother, patiently waiting for him. Y/n grab his bag and hugged Max.

"Thanks for everything, grandpa."

"Anytime, kiddo." Max smiled. Y/n let him go and walked over to Hope, giving her a kiss.

"I'll see you at school?" Y/n asked. Hope blushed and nodded, giving him a hug. She reluctantly let him go, allowing him to leave the Rustbucket. He gave Max and Hope one final wave as they drove off.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" His mother asked from the porch.

"Yeah, I hope we can do it again. Maybe next year?" Y/n asked, walking up and hugging her.

"We will see." She noticed the Ultimatrix on his arm. "A souvenir?"

"Something like that." Y/n replied.

"Well, come inside. I have lunch waiting for you. I'm sure you're starving after having to deal with Max's strange cooking."

"You have no idea." They both chuckled and went inside. Right after Y/n went inside, his mother went to close the door but she noticed a man across the street in a black suit watching them. When she saw him, he quickly walked off.

She narrowed her eyes before closing the door. She walked to the kitchen and saw Y/n sitting at the table eating a piece of homemade pizza she cooked. His backpack was at his feet.

"I'll take this, you're clothes probably smell like a sewer." She said giving him a playful side eye. Y/n chuckled and took another bite of pizza. She chuckled and took the backpack to the laundry room, where she unzipped it and began unloading her son's dirty clothes into the washer.

Halfway through pulling his clothes out, she looked behind her to check if he was still in the kitchen. When she was confident he wouldn't walk in on her, she reached to the side of the washer against the wall and pressed a small red button. It clicked and a small panel opened in the wall, with a Mossberg 590 shotgun and several boxes of shells hanging inside.

 It clicked and a small panel opened in the wall, with a Mossberg 590 shotgun and several boxes of shells hanging inside

She took a moment to make sure the boxes were full. When she was satisfied she pressed the button again to close the panel and continued doing the laundry. After loading up the washer and starting it, she took Y/n's backpack to his room and hung it off the door handle before walking back to the kitchen.

"How about we watch a movie? I'll let you pick."

"Really!?" Y/n said excitedly, jumping to his feet and racing to the living room. He took a moment to go through the dvds on the shelf next to the TV. He picked one and put it in the DVD player as his mother sat on the couch, crossing her legs. Y/n sat down next to her as the movie started.

"What'd you pick?" She asked.

"The Avengers. Is that alright?"

"Its perfect."

As they watched the movie, she looked out the living room window and saw that same man in a suit looking at them. She slowly reached her hand in between the couch cushion and the armrest, wrapping her fingers around the grip of a Colt Python.

 She slowly reached her hand in between the couch cushion and the armrest, wrapping her fingers around the grip of a Colt Python

She slowly nudged closer to her son, glaring at the man the entire time. She continued to glare until he started walking away and was out of sight. It was then she relaxed her hand and released her grip on her hidden weapon.

~~

After the movie, Y/n got cleaned up, kiss his mother goodnight and went to bed. After he was asleep, M/n double checked all the locks and stayed up an extra hour to be safe. When nothing happened, she reluctantly went to bed as Y/n slept soundly, looking forward to whatever came next.

[To be continued with Alien Force...]