Ch.9

At a gas station Y/n is helping Max clean the Rustbucket while Gwen and Ben are inside. As Ben and Gwen come outside, Max wipes off some dust off the window with the words 'wash me' written on it.

Max: "Oh, nice art work, Ben."

Ben: "You know, makes a statement."

Suddenly, an armored car's back doors are blown off.

Gwen: "No! That's a statement!"

The culprits are revealed to be three leather clad bikers, with their helmets blocking their faces.

Biker: "What are you looking at?"

The Biker aims their energy rifle at the quartet and fires, luckily Max pushes the kids out of the way before the shot hits them. Ben and Y/n then transform into Fourarms and Humongosaur, surprising the bikers. After a brief fight, Ben has two of the bikers pinned against the armored car while Y/n has the lead biker pinned to the ground. But when its revealed that the bikers are women, Ben hesitates.

Fourarms: "Huh? You're all women. Uh, I dont want to hurt you."

Humongosaur: "They're criminals Ben, doesn't matter."

Out of nowhere, two black and red drones descend from the sky and start firing at Ben and Y/n, forcing them to release the bikers. Two of the bikers flee, while the leader tries to attack Y/n and Ben while they are distracted by the drones. However, Max stops her by throwing a tire at her. Enraged, she fires at Max cuaseing the concrete overhang of the gas pumps to fall on top of Max, injuring him.

Gwen: "Grandpa!"

Fourarms/Humongosaur: "No!"

As the drones come by for another attack Y/n and Ben crush the drones in their hands and throw them at the Leader. The two then quickly rush to Max's side.

Gwen: "We need to get him to a hospital."

Humongosaur: "Ben, you're faster than me take Max. Me and Gwen will catch up."

Fourarms: "Got it."

Ben picks up Max and begins to quickly jump to the hospital, while Y/n puts Gwen on his shoulder follows.

At the hospital, Ben, Gwen, and Y/n are speaking with the doctor.

Doctor: "Your grandfather has suffered a severe concussion. He'll be out for several more hours. He also has several lacerations and a broken leg."

Ben: "Is he gonna be ok?"

Doctor: "For a man his age, he's remarkably strong. He'll be fine after some rest. Now on his admittance form he was hit by a slab of concrete. What happened?"

Y/n: "There was an explosion at the gas station, and it caused the over hang to fall ontop of him."

Doctor: "Well, either way. Your grandfather will make a full recovery."

As the Doctor leaves, the trio look at Max with worry, despite what the doctor says.

Gwen: "You heard him Ben, grandpa will be fine."

Y/n: "Yeah, Max is the toughest grandpa out there. He'll pull through."

Ben is quiet for a moment before leaving the room without saying anything. Gwen and Y/n follow him.

Gwen: "Ben, you ok?"

Y/n: "Yeah what's wrong?"

Ben: "... I just, what if I went Upgrade or Ghostfreak, or something. I want to help grandpa."

Y/n: "We know you do Ben, we do also. But, there's just nothing we can do. It's out of our control."

Suddenly, someone bursts through the window.

Rojo: "Give me the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix."

Ben: "You want them?"

Y/n: "Come and get them."

The three then book it down the hallways and stairways of the hospital dodging laser fire from Rojo. Once outside the three are able to hide from Rojo, but in ploy to draw them out she blasts the top of the cliff overlooking the hospital to cause a rockslide.

Y/n: "Ready Ben?"

Ben: "let's do it."

Both boys transform, resulting in Ben becoming Heatblast and Y/n becoming Swampfire.

Heatblast: "If scissors cuts paper, firs melts rock, right?"

Swampfire: "If it's hot enough. Let's bring the heat."

Ben and Y/n unleash a hellish torment of flames at the boulders, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Heatblast: "Its not working!"

Swampfire: "Dont stop, pour it on!"

They unleash even more flames until the boulders start to melt. Just before the boulders reach the hospital, they melt and cement themselves to the cliff.

Heatblast: "Wow, it worked."

Their victory is short lived when they are attacked by Rojo. Her sudden appearance catches Ben and Y/n off guard momentarily, but they soon get their bearings and begin to turn the tables on Rojo. However, due to repeated punishment from Rojo's attacks Y/n is forced out of his transformation, leaving Ben to face Rojo alone.

While Ben and Rojo duke it out, Y/n retreats behind an Ambulance with Gwen.

Y/n: "We cant get through her armor! Brute for doesn't work on her."

Gwen: "Then use that big brain of yours."

Y/n thinks for a moment before getting an idea.

Y/n: *kisses Gwen* "You're a genius!"

Gwen: "Thanks, but why?"

Y/n: "Just watch."

Upgrade: "Let's tear her apart."

Y/n races forward and takes Rojo by surprise, merging with her. Inside her head, he meets something he was not expecting.

Vilgax: "Listen to every word. Be afraid. You cannot run, you cannot hide from me. I will find you, and when I do, I will retrieve my Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix and I will destroy you and your partner."

Rojo is able to tear Y/n off of here and toss him asid, only to be once again layed apon by Ben. This gives Y/n the time he needs to once again merge with Rojo and short circuit her armor and weapons, forcing her back to her human state.

The police soon arrive and arrest Rojo, and the next day Max is discharged from the hospital.

Max: "Ahh. It's good to get out of here and back on the road."

Gwen: "Hey, Y/n, what happened back there in the parking lot?"

Ben: "Yeah, it's like your were possessed."

Y/n: "Its fine, I was just a little wigged out by melding with someone else's mind is all."

Ben: "Yeah, that would be weird on me too."

As Max, Gwen, and Ben got on the Rustbucket Y/n stopped and looked toward the sky.

Y/n: 'I dont know who you are, but if you want a fight. I'll give you a fight and I'll be ready.'