39: Eliza.

After dinner, Elizabeth and Leo walked out of the restaurant. Like a pure gentleman, Leo opened the door for Elizabeth and even gave her his jacket so that she wouldn't feel cold. "You didn't have to," She said as she fixed the jacket on her shoulder as they walked towards his car. He looked at her and smiled, "I wanted to," He replied as he hesitantly brushed his finger to his knuckle as they walked. Elizabeth chuckled – she found it cute how he was trying to hold her hand and yet wasn't sure if he should go for it. Elizabeth mashed her lips and glanced at their hands that were merely inches away. She moved her hand closer and finally held his in hers. Leo didn't miss a second to intertwine his fingers with her as they both looked at each other.

Both were hesitating yet both didn't want this night to end. Leo was wondering he should ask her to come with her to his place or somewhere else to have coffee or anything while Elizabeth was hoping the same yet she couldn't speak her desires out. They both stood beside Leo's parked car wordlessly – glancing at each other with smiling. Leo finally sighed and scratched between his eyebrows with his car keys, "Umm – so, I was wondering – um – if you want to go for coffee?" He asked her. She smiled and nodded her head before she looked down at her dress and bit her lower lip, "Uh – how about I see your place tonight? Uh – only if it is okay with you. I mean, you told me that it is near and well, I was just saying – I mean, yes we can have coffee," She sighed after her unwanted rambling.

Leo chuckled, "I like when you are nervous," he commented. Elizabeth chuckled and shook her head, "Sorry – well," she was going to tell him that she would like to go for a cup of coffee when she was so full but she didn't want this date to end yet. Leo pulled her by her hand gently closer to him and softly placed a tender kiss on her nose that made her blush, "Let me show you my place," He spoke softly. Elizabeth lifted her gaze and looked into his eyes as she nodded her head, "I'd like that," she replied. Leo smiled and unlocked his car and opened the door for Elizabeth. She thanked him and got in the car before he sat in as well and they were on their way to Leo's home. Elizabeth couldn't deny – she was excited. She knows they just went to a new level. She likes the pace of their relationship – she likes how well they have started to know each other.

It hardly took them ten minutes to get to Leo's apartment. It wasn't as luxurious as Elizabeth's building but it looked cozy. They walked to the elevator while they held each other hands. Elizabeth and Leo both were silent as the elevator took them up. The elevator dinged and the doors slide opened. Both of them were about to get off when they saw Rene standing just before them – she was probably waiting for the elevator to come. Her eyes went on Leo and then she averted her gaze to Elizabeth. Rene's eyes widened – she remembered her. She has seen Elizabeth when they went for Charlie's bachelorette trip. Elizabeth recognized Rene as well. She can never forget that day when her friend Paige and that guy wrote a book on Maria and Silas's life and then made money off it. Elizabeth remembers how difficult everything became after the launch of the book. Rene slowly breathes out, "Hi." She greeted them.

Elizabeth stretched her lips into a small smile and nodded her head, "Hey," she replied to her as Leo and she walked out of the elevator and Rene went in. Elizabeth knows that this girl has nothing to do with the leak of her family secrets so there wasn't any reason to be rude to her. "How are you?" Elizabeth asked Rene while Leo stood beside her quietly. Rene was surprised to see that Elizabeth wasn't being mean to her as she expected. Rene gulped nervously, "I am alright. Uh – I have to go," She said as she was holding the elevator. "Oh, yes – it was nice seeing you," Elizabeth told her. A genuine smile stretched on Rene's lips as she nodded, "You too, Elizabeth." She replied before the doors closed and the Rene went down the elevator.

As Rene was gone – Elizabeth turned to look at Leo, "You could have said hi," She shrugged. Leo smiled and looked at Elizabeth before he pulled her closer to him and placed his hand on her waist, "Hi." He whispered before he softly placed a kiss on her cheek. Elizabeth couldn't help but giggle. She doesn't giggle but this made her. Leo pulled away and held her hand again before he led her to his apartment. He opened the door and as soon as they were in Leo pushed her against his door and placed a kiss on her lips. She felt her breath getting labored by the intense kiss she was receiving from Leo. She grinned, "You missed me," She whispered as she kissed him back and held his face in her palms. Leo chuckled and rested his forehead against her, "You think?" He whispered. Elizabeth chuckled and kissed his nose before she nodded her head.