57: Leo Knows.

Maria came home soon and was greeted by her father and brother's presence. Since she was home to look after the kids – Elizabeth could see Charlie and her baby girl. Franklin was being impatient to see Charlie and the baby girl as well therefore, he decided to join Elizabeth. Elizabeth really believed that Leo would come with them – but it wasn't the case. She doesn't know about a brief intimate moment Charlie and Leo once shared and Leo is still very uncomfortable around Charlie and Marcus. Marcus knows about them and isn't very fond of Leo – although, Charlie already told him that Leo rejected him afterward Marcus still couldn't shake the unlikeness for Leo. He didn't hate him but he wasn't happy to see him around Charlie either – call him possessive but he doesn't care. Leo doesn't mind that either – he would have reacted the same if someone from Elizabeth's past shows up – even though they are not together anymore but he still loved her and couldn't settle with the fact that her past lover or someone who used to be interested in her was back.

So, Elizabeth and Franklin went to see Charlie at the hospital while Maria and Leo stayed at Silas's place – looking after the kids. Katie was being very hesitant in Leo's presence as she doesn't know him well – nor has he been around much to be acquainted with Katie. It took her a while to free around him and even after she was playing around Maria and Leo – she wouldn't come up to Leo like she was coming and showing her toys or her drawing to Maria. Ezra fell asleep in his baby bouncer. Leo couldn't help but look at his nephew sleeping soundly even Katie was playing around him and Bear would occasionally bark when she would sing a rhyme. Maria saw him looking at Ezra and smiled, "He is a heavy sleeper – just like Silas," She said. Leo almost blurts out that Silas wasn't his real father but then bit his tongue – he wasn't going to hurt his sister by saying that. He looked at her and saw a beautiful smile on her face – he liked seeing her sister happy. He chuckled, "I would like to sleep like him for once," he commented. Maria chuckled as well, "Yeah, well – so do I." She replied.

There was a brief pause between the two of them before Maria blew her cheeks and averted her eyes from Ezra to Leo, "Why didn't you bring Jennifer along?" She asked. Leo knitted his eyebrows together, "She did come with us," he answered confusingly. Maria snickered and rolled her eyes, "I mean, why you didn't bring her here – at our place?" She asked. "Oh," Leo said. "Well, she doesn't know anyone for once so she denied dad's offer to come with us, and also, I didn't think that she will feel comfortable anyway, so I didn't ask her either," Leo replied. Maria lightly shook his head, "Still, you should have insisted – I feel bad that she is at the hotel alone," She replied. "You could have asked her to tag along to discuss wedding cake," She added. Leo sighed, "There is no winning with you," he replied. Maria chuckled, "Yes, there isn't – so just bring her for dinner. It is bad enough that she is alone in the hotel. Isn't she a friend of yours?" She asked. Although, Maria is younger than Leo she holds more wisdom than him.

Leo doesn't know how to answer that. Lately, Leo and Jennifer have been hanging around – the kind of like each other's company – probably because at some level – they could feel the agony of being in love. Leo smashed his lips and shrugged his shoulders, "Well, yes – sort of." He replied. Maria smiled, "You know she is the first person you actually agreed to be your friend – that is huge." She said. Leo rolled his eyes, "That is not true. I have more friends – I might not call them that but they are my friends," He told her. Maria's eyes gleamed as a grin stretched on her lips, "You have no idea how happy I am to hear that." She said. "But if you believe that they are your friends then maybe you should treat them like one as well. You don't only have to be friends with someone you empathized with – sometimes, we make friends just for a breath of fresh air – just because we enjoy their company – because they help us and be with us when we needed them." She said. Leo looked at her looking back at him with a small smile. It was like she knew why he was actually friends with Jennifer and just when he was about to ask her what she meant by 'empathized' – Ezra woke up and started to cry.