77: Breakfast And Kisses.

Elizabeth watched Leo as he quietly drank water from a glass she got for him. It has been a while since Leo woke up – crying – from a nightmare. Elizabeth kept assuring him that he was okay – but she doesn't think he cared about himself. The way he embraced her in his arm – tightly – too scared to lose the grip – as if someone was going to take her away from him – she realized that he wasn't scared for him but her. Elizabeth so badly wanted to know what happened but felt like she will be crossing a line if she asked him – especially when he was so badly shaken. Elizabeth wore Leo's shirt from last night – it ended just below her hips while Leo was still bare from the upper half but wore sweatpants. She glanced out of the window to see that it has finally stopped pouring. Elizabeth placed her hand on his shoulder and softly rubbed his skin, "Leo, are you alright?" She asked. Leo heaved a heavy sigh before he looked at her and nodded his, "I am okay now," his voice came out a little hoarsely.

Elizabeth scoot closer to him and placed her head on his shoulder, "Why don't you share what is bothering you with me?" She asked him faintly. Leo glanced at her – looking out at the slow break of the day – the sky had started turning into dull royal blue. It wasn't long enough when the sun will be up and Leo will have to get to him. The thought of being close to him last time before she leaves for New York made her hold her arm. Leo will have to go to work and by the time he will be done with his day – she will be on her plane back to New York. Elizabeth sighed, "I don't want to go back," She spoke her mind as faintly. Leo heaved a heavy sigh and placed his cheek over her head, "Then don't go," He mumbled back. Both of them knew that it wasn't possible – she will have to leave for New York as she will be looking over the wedding preparations for Maria and Silas and she knows that he can't come with her because he has worked here.

Even though she is aware that they will meet after two weeks at the wedding and then she will be returning to Chicago permanently but still there was an ache in her chest – she never thought she would ever feel so passionate about Leo – Maria's brother. The thought made her chuckle. Leo glanced at her and asked, "What happened?" he asked. Although, Leo was still very bothered because of his nightmare yet a smile stretched on his lips just by listening to her musical chuckle. She snuggled into him and Leo wrapped his arm around her shoulder – giving her more space to get closer to him, "If you would have told me a little time ago that I will be so madly in love with Leo Wayne – I would have laughed," She grinned.

Leo playfully narrowed his eyes, "Why is that?" he asked but before she could say something – he added, "Actually, leave it – I get it." He shrugged. She knitted her eyebrows, "And what exactly do you know?" She asked. He exhaled, "Well, I was a jerk to you." He said shortly. Elizabeth sat straight and looked in his eyes, "Yes, but you had a pretty concrete reason for that," She said. She licked her lips, "I would not have believed that because at that time thinking that you would ever want me – would have sounded laughable. I mean, I remember how hard you used to glare at us – and Silas – oh, man – I am pretty sure he is still scared of you." Elizabeth laughed and Leo chuckled. Elizabeth got a little closer to him, "But – I didn't know that under the hard shell of detestation lives a soft and so fucking lovable man – who by the way, is so hot." She dramatically rolled her eyes.

Leo laughed – "Yeah?" he asked playfully as he leaned back to the bed and pulled Elizabeth closer to him by pulling her by his shirt that she was wearing. Elizabeth straddles him with her legs on each side while she placed her hands on his chest. She was glad that she was able to take his mind slightly off the nightmare. She grinned and slowly placed a kiss on his cheek, "Yes, the hottest guy I have ever seen," She whispered in his ear before she playfully bit his earlobe – causing him to hiss. Leo leaned in to kiss her when she playfully backed up, "No," she grinned and kissed him on the cheek before she moved from over him to beside him on the bed while all this time – Leo had his eyes on her. Elizabeth patted on the bed, "You need to sleep – you have work in a few hours and you hardly slept." She said to him.