21: Elizabeth's Crush

"Are you serious?!" Elizabeth asked again. Since her brother, Silas has called her and told her how he and Maria are going to adopt Alice's baby boy – she was too surprised that she couldn't say anything else but ask him if he was serious. "For the last time yes!" Silas replied and chuckled. Elizabeth stood on her feet and jumped excitedly. "Oh my God, Silas – I am so happy!" She squealed. "I am going to be an aunt of two adorable babies!" She jumped up and down. Charlie is pregnant and Maria is going to adopt a baby – since she is unable to conceive – she couldn't be happier. Maria deserves all the happiness – especially after what she went through. Silas chuckled, "Yes, you will." He replied.

"You are going to be a crappy father, but oh my God – I am so happy," Elizabeth could imagine Silas rolling his eyes. "Haha, you are so funny." He replied dryly. "Here, talk to Maria." He said and handed the phone to Maria. Elizabeth could hear them muttering to each other before Maria spoke, "Hey," she greeted. "Maria, I am so very happy! You have no idea how excited I am for you and Silas – but most of all for you!" Elizabeth gushed. "Jeez – thanks, Elizabeth – blessed to have a sister like you," She heard Silas's voice from the background. She rolled her eyes, "God, Silas – get a life – listening to two women talk," Elizabeth teased him. "See, this why I don't like her – I am out of here," She heard as she and Maria laughed. "Is he gone?" Elizabeth asked laughingly. Maria stopped laughing, "Yes, he went to the kitchen." She replied.

There was a small pause before Elizabeth spoke, "I am truly happy, Maria. I am so happy things are working out for you and Silas," She replied with a small smile. She could imagine Maria smiling. "I wasn't so sure at first but then I started to imagine everything with Silas, you know – your future, a baby in the house – us getting old together – all those cliché things," She chuckled. "No, these are not cliché things – that's the beauty of the future. Oh, Silas is so lucky to have a person like you in his life – I sometimes envy him." Elizabeth replied. Maria didn't say anything immediately but after a few seconds, she replied, "I am lucky to have him as well," Elizabeth smiled.

There was a small pause between the two of them before Maria asked, "So, how is it going with you? How is Chicago treating you?" Maria asked. Elizabeth's lips curled into a smile. When Maria mentioned the city – the first thing that came up in her mind was Leo. Without his help – she could have been through a lot of trouble in the city. Elizabeth pushed a string of hair behind her ear, "It is going good – a little hectic with living alone for the first time and being in the new city – but I have started to enjoy it," Elizabeth replied with a small smile on her lips as she recalled the kiss she and Leo shared last night.

"Oh, I know – it can be tough. It was for me as well when I moved to Chicago – although I had my brother and father with me – in your case, you are all alone. It must be difficult." Maria replied. "Hey, if you like – I could ask Leo to come and show you around so that you could get familiar with the surroundings," Maria suggested. If only she knows how many times Leo and Elizabeth have already rushed into each other and what have they done. Elizabeth mashed her lips and suppressed her smile, "That is so sweet of you, but I think I will be okay. I have made myself familiar with many things around – I guess, I will be okay. It is not as bad as it was before," Elizabeth replied.

Elizabeth had a good and long talk with Maria over the phone – it felt like ages since she talked to her. Maria told Elizabeth that she will be moving in with Silas and that they will be getting married sooner than expected – probably after the baby comes. She also told that her dad will be coming back to Chicago in a couple of weeks and Elizabeth doesn't know why it started to remind her of Leo. Everything they would talk about would take her to last night where they kissed. Elizabeth felt like a crazy teen who just couldn't stop smiling. It isn't like she likes him or something – she hates the usual boring Leo, but the Leo she interacted with last night was someone she could get used to. She bit her lower lip as she remembered the kiss – again. She walked in her room and gazed at her in the mirror to see a smile on her face, "What are you smiling at?" She questioned herself and tilted her head.