63: Ice Cream.

Elizabeth took a bite of sweet and sour prawn Hong Kong-style – she didn't realize how hungry she was until the food arrived. Leo had ordered exactly was she like, sweet and sour Prawn stir-fry and some chicken Chow Mein for her. He also knew that she couldn't use Chopsticks so he had forks and plates out before the food arrived. Leo ordered Pad Thai for him and they both were on the floor covered with a carpet as they had dinner and talked. As time was ticking by – Elizabeth was feeling more and more comfortable in his company. Elizabeth took another bite of her prawn and moaned in delight. Leo looked at her as he chewed and chuckled, "You were pretty hungry," He commented. Elizabeth laughed, "Tell me about it. I would have eaten you if I wasn't given food," she tried to joke which didn't come outright. Leo and she both paused and looked at each other. Elizabeth's eyes widened as her cheeked warmed up. She didn't think before she spoke. She swallowed the morsel she had in her mouth and chuckled uncomfortably, "Uh – not in – that way," she added slowly. Leo smiled, "I am glad I got your food." He tried to way in.

Leo cleared his throat, "So, what are your plans now?" He asked – changing the topic. Elizabeth was glad that he changed it. She gladly answered him, "Actually, I was wondering if you could tell me more about the time I spend here in Chicago – I might rejoin work and I need to feel at ease when I am in the city," She said. Leo swallowed and nodded before he took a sip of his coke from the can and replied, "Sure, I can help you. Uh – if you want I can even show you around." He smashed his lips before pausing. He sighed and continued, "Just one question, do you want me to show you your apartment?" He asked. Elizabeth looked at him before she placed her takeaway box on the floor and wiped her lips with a napkin, "Honestly, I am not sure. I mean, Fred still lives there, isn't he? And I honestly don't want to be anywhere near him – not yet," she shook her head. Elizabeth didn't miss the gesture of relief on Leo's face and she couldn't lie and say that she didn't enjoy it. She liked that someone was concerned and maybe a little jealous of her.

Elizabeth pointed her fork towards him and nodded, "Showing me around sounds nice," she replied. Leo smiled and agreed to it before they resumed eating their dinner. After eating their dinner, Elizabeth helped Leo in the kitchen – cleaning the utensils and throwing away the empty boxes and disposable forks and chopsticks. Elizabeth was stalling – she wasn't ready to return to her hotel room. She was enjoying Leo's company and from what she feels Leo was also having a good time with her. She looked at the wall clock and sighed – it was almost midnight and she should be leaving – Leo must be tired and he must have to return to work tomorrow. She licked her lips and spoke, "I should leave now," She spoke softly. Leo, who had his back on her turned around and knitted his eyebrows together. She wondered if the bruises on his face hurt – her eyes met him when he asked, "Why?" Elizabeth smiled, "It is late," she shrugged. Leo immediately looked towards the clock and spoke, "Oh, I didn't even realize that it was almost midnight," He replied. Elizabeth smiled and nodded, "Yes, I didn't realize it either." She replied with her fingers intertwined before her.

"I usually don't eat this late," Leo spoke after a small pause. Elizabeth replied, "Neither do I," she smiled. "I think that I overate," She placed her hand on her stomach and blew her cheek. "I was so hungry – I didn't even realize that I was eating too much." She snickered. She was lying. She didn't feel full but she was having a really good time talking to him therefore she didn't point out and kept on eating until she simply couldn't. Leo smiled, "I am glad you ate. You need to eat more often," He commented.

Elizabeth turned her head to look at him with a distinct look, "Why would you say that?" she asked. Leo licked his lips and shrugged, "You look weak," He said. "Not just thinner but weaker." He added. Elizabeth hasn't been eating well. She hasn't slept well either – there has been so much on her mind that she couldn't focus on her health – she didn't give much importance to it either. Leo sighed, "I didn't mean to say it in a bad way," He added. Elizabeth averted her eyes to him and shook her head, "No – no, I am not offended. I was just thinking," she smiled. No one has yet pointed out about her health except for Leo. Her smile widened as she remembers how uptight and arrogant she used to think of him but as she is slowly come to know him – she realized that he is nothing but a sweet and caring guy. She was so wrong to perceive him as a haughty one. Leo smiled and nodded before gulped, "Uh, you should never skip breakfast." He said.