79: The Last One.

Elizabeth went to shower while Leo stayed in his room – he couldn't tear his eyes away from the neatly wrapped present that was left for him. He is well aware that Ruby didn't just leave it for him – she left it for the person that Elizabeth choice but who would have guessed that Elizabeth would choose Leo. Even though this was clear to him – he still couldn't shake off the fact that the woman he hated the most had left him a present. Leo knows that Elizabeth was nervous – she knows how broadly Leo despised her mother and getting a present from her after how she tried to wreck Maria's life must be triggering for him and it sure was but Leo was trying to keep it in. It wasn't Elizabeth's fault, so why should he take it out on her. He so badly wanted to throw the gift away but that would hurt Elizabeth and that's the last thing he wants to do.

Elizabeth stood under the shower – hoping that she didn't mess up everything. There were so many things that she was scared of. The first one was about the fact that Ruby had left a present for Leo – knowing how much he despises her – she wonders if Leo will be okay about it. Also, another thing that worries her is that what if Leo is not in the place as her? She loved him – so much and probably sees a future with him, but what if she was too soon with handing him over the present? Maybe she should have waited until she settled here after Silas and Maria's wedding. Elizabeth sighed and rested her head on the wall, "Why did I do it?" She mumbled. She stood under the running shower until the water started to get cold. She wasn't ready to catch a cold right now so, she stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around her body, and dried her hair. She gulped and stared at herself in the mirror.

She sees her pale and bare face in the mirror and blew out her cheeks, "Leo, I am sorry if I offended you. Maybe I should take this present with me. You tell me when you are ready for it and only then I will give it to you and if you will never ready then – I will not mind that either." She practiced. She nodded her head. She approved it – this was what she was going to hear him. She licked her lips and decided to change her clothes before she could step out and talk to him.

Elizabeth was leaving for the airport in a couple of hours – upsetting Leo was the last thing she wanted to do – knowing that she will not see him until the wedding. From her experience, she has seen that the gap between communications always leads to misunderstanding. She wasn't ready to let a mere present affect the beautiful relation that she shares with Leo. After she changed – with a towel over her forearm – she stepped out of the washroom. She expected Leo to be present there in the room but to her disappointment – he wasn't. Elizabeth was welcomed by his absences – leaving the coldness in the room. A chill went through her spin and a thousand bad thoughts enveloped her – 'what ifs' attacked her as her heart fell in her stomach. She threw the towel on Leo's bed – like she always does but this wasn't her room – it was Leo's. She hurriedly stepped out of his room – only to be halted. She let out a shaky breath – her eyes glossy as she sighed in relief – gulping down the lump in her throat. Leo sat on the couch – his back facing her and his head bowed down. She knows that he knows she was behind him but he never turned around.

Leo could feel Elizabeth's presence in the room. The soft citrusy smell of her body wash lingered around – he was going to miss it when she will be gone. He sighed. In one hand he held the small box that he didn't open yet and on the other hand, he held the letter that he found in the present. Leo wasn't sure what he wanted to do, so he decided to clear his head, take a deep breath, and do what comes first in his mind – so he did. He unwraps the gift – dropping the crinkled gift wrap on the floor. He picked it up and placed it on the coffee table. There was a paper – neatly folded and was resting on the top of the box. Leo thought for a while – but slowly, unfolds the paper. It was a handwritten letter – he expected that. He decided to read.

"I don't know whom I writing to yet and I guess I will never know. I am sorry we never get to meet – don't worry, it is for the best.

Elizabeth is a reticent young woman – she doesn't like to open up to people, but if she decides to give this letter to you, then I am sure you already know about me."