20: The Kiss They Shared Again

"I don't like your company. Is it hard for you to get?" Elizabeth didn't need any reason to stay after hearing that. She was more angry than shocked. She will never get why he doesn't like to be around her – why is he always so rude to her even when he is helping her around – he never opens up. Leo and Elizabeth kept looking at each other for a few seconds – none of them averted their gazes till Elizabeth chuckled and rolled her eyes. She unzipped her handbag and took out some money before slamming it on the table. "I am sorry for forcing you to come with me. It will not happen again," She spoke with a straight face and stood on her feet. Leo rubbed his forehead and looked at her, but she didn't wait – she simply walked out of the café without making any scene.

Elizabeth clutched her coat around her as she walked back to her office where her car was parked. Maybe she will wander around in her car for a while. She was feeling heavy in her chest – Elizabeth doesn't know why but she felt like crying. Her eyes were getting glossy but she refused to shed a tear. She has no reason to – maybe she just needs to go home and sleep and hope she slip into her apartment quietly without her neighbors noticing. "Elizabeth, listen –" Elizabeth heard Leo's voice but she didn't stop. "Will you just listen to me?" Leo paced up to her side and she rolled her eyes, "No," she replied and tried to walk fast but Leo only matched her pace. Although he was limping he didn't slow down, "I shouldn't have said that" Leo tried to talk to her. Elizabeth dodged a few pedestrians as she walked to her office wordlessly.

Leo was struggling to match her pace – his knee was aching once again. He clicked his tongue and halted when he felt an intense ache jolting up to her thighs and lowly rumbled under his breath, but Elizabeth heard it even out in open with people around her – she heard him and halted as well. She was a little breath from walking so fast. She heaved and turned around to see him kneed down as he rubbed his knee and thigh. She wasn't sure if she wanted to see what happened because she was sure he would ask her to leave anyway, so she did what she thought was right and turned back around before she paced to her office.

Elizabeth was quite sure that Leo will not follow her anymore, but she was wrong when someone grabbed her by her arm and made her turn around, "I shouldn't follow you, but I am," Leo had a frown displayed on her forehead. Elizabeth's face was merely a few inches away from him. He glanced at her parted lips and looked back into her eyes. "I don't like your company," He said and Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "Yes, you did mention it before," She replied. Leo rolled her eyes skywards, "Will you let me complete?" He asked. She narrowed her eyes, "I don't think I will," she challenged him. When Leo didn't speak but kept looking into her eyes – she felt her throat getting prickly. She gulped and broke their silence filled with the noises of the surrounding, "Why did you follow me then?" She knows she wanted to know.

Leo didn't speak immediately – he took his time and finally replied, "I am following you because – my car is also parked at your office," Elizabeth wanted nothing but smack him in the head with her bag at that moment. She was speechless for few seconds but then she freed her arm and squint, "You don't have to grab my arm or put your face into my face to do that," She replied and turned around before walking away. She was expecting so much from a jerk as him – what did she think that he will apologize? When did Elizabeth get so naïve? After such a long time Elizabeth met a guy who wasn't buttering her nor was being extra with her because of her status or family background. Leo was a completely different case – he was nothing but bitter and overbearing around her.

"Listen, I am sorry, okay?" Elizabeth was near to her office's entrance when she heard him again after a pause. She halted and turned around to see him behind her. He sighed, "I am just – very tired." He added. Elizabeth nodded, "It is okay. I shouldn't have asked you to come with me," she shrugged. Leo smashed his lips and when he didn't speak – she turned around and get into the premises of her office. She went into the building and heard footsteps following her – knowing it belonged to Leo she walked to the elevator and waited for it to take her to the underground parking. She tapped her foot as she thought of where she can at least spend time more time before she goes back to her apartment and decided to check some of the places around her new place – this why she will be able to know the surrounding of the building she is resident of.