58: Drunken Leo.

Elizabeth looked at Leo with her eyes brought together – she couldn't believe him. Elizabeth would have never lied to him if she was in a relationship with him. Leo averted his gaze from Elizabeth – he was infuriated. So many questions came to his mind and one of those was if Jennifer knew about this. If she did and still she didn't tell him anything – he was going to flip out. He looked back at Elizabeth – looking at him perplexed. He didn't want to deal with her now – he was shocked and hurt – Elizabeth hid something so big from him while Fred was living across her all the time. Leo ran his fingers through his hair and took another step back, "I can't do this right now," he said and tried to walk away when Elizabeth held him by his arm. She shook her head, "That isn't something I would do – if I was in a real relationship with you – I would have told you everything – I never lie." She said.

At first, Leo was just going to excuse himself out but when Elizabeth mentioned 'real relationship' – he turned his head to look at her and narrowed his eyes, "What are you trying to say Elizabeth? Are you trying to say that I am lying about our relationship – that what we had might not be real for you?!" Leo raised his voice a little. He was angry at her – she didn't remember him – that was enough for him to hurt but now she was talking like Leo was a liar or what they had wasn't real and it was too much for him. Leo gulped the lump he felt in his throat before he sighed, "Look – if you don't want to believe me then don't –" Leo couldn't complete as Elizabeth cut her off, "Leo, I am not trying to say that what we had wasn't real – I am just trying to process the fact that I didn't tell you about Fred – I never lie, Leo. I must have told you about him." She said. "If what we had was so heartfelt then I must have spoken about him to you," She added.

Leo looked at her hand on his arm before he sighed and softly brushed off her hand, "Maybe it wasn't that heartfelt to you because you never told me." He said while looking into his eyes. Leo sniggered and snuffled – his eyes were glossed with tears, "But, that isn't a problem anymore – is it?" He asked but didn't wait for her answer and without another word – he walked out of the room – slamming the door shut behind him. Leo hastily walked downstairs where Maria and Jennifer were already waiting for him. He glanced at Jennifer who looked confused and worried. Maria tried to talk to Leo but he wasn't going to. His eyes were on Jennifer, "I need to talk to you," he told her before he looked at Maria, "I will see you tomorrow," he told her. "Wait – Leo," Maria tried to stop him but he didn't listen – instead he turned around and walked out of Silas's penthouse. Jennifer was perplexed – she looked at Maria before she mashed her lips together, "Uh – I will see you later." She told her – she was confused – she wasn't sure what to say or how to react. Maria looked at Jennifer and smiled softly before she nodded her head, "Sure." She replied to Jennifer – who smiled back and nodded her head before she headed out as well. Maria blew her cheeks out – she didn't know what just happened but she was hoping that everything was okay between her brother and Elizabeth. From the looks of Leo – she could tell that their conversation didn't go well. She just wished she could make things right for her brother but she didn't want to get between them either.

Jennifer tried to catch up with Leo on the street but he was walking too fast. She rushed towards him and stopped him by his arm, "Leo – wait," she said. She was shocked when Leo angrily brushed her hand off his arm and turned to look at her with a deep scowl on his face, "Did you know about it?" He asked. He didn't raise his voice but his dead tone was scarier. They were on the street and Leo didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone but it was getting so hard for him to contain his emotions – he was bursting up with them. Jennifer knitted her eyebrows together, "Did I know about what?" She asked. Nothing was making a scene for her. Leo pressed his lips together and clenched his jaws together. He briefly closed his eyes – trying to calm himself down. The picture of Fred and Elizabeth together was messing up with his head. He opened his eyes and glanced at the people walking around. He stepped closer to her and looked dead in her eyes, "Did you know that Elizabeth is Fred's ex-girlfriend?" He asked her – slowly. Leo saw Jennifer's eyes widened, "What?" she mumbled as her lips parted in shock and the crease on her forehead formed.