24: Just Him And Her

Leo walked in and looked around. Ethan, who was standing near to the door, raised his eyebrow, "Wow, Dr. Wayne graced us with his presence." He joked to which Leo chuckled and so did Mosa, who was standing by Ethan. Elizabeth had her eyes on Leo as he replied something to Ethan – it was rare for her to see him smiling and talking – in short, acting casually. Elizabeth went into the kitchen and looked at the flowers that Leo gave her. A small smile spread on her lips as she sniffed the flowers. She placed the wine bottle on the counter and was about to put the flowers in the water when she turned back to look at the wine he brought and thought that if she will leave it out there – someone might open it and she didn't want to share it with anyone else, so she picked it up and put it in the cabinet. She then filled a vase with water before she removed the packaging from the flowers and put them in the water.

"Elizabeth," she lifted her head to see Jennifer walking in the kitchen with a big grin on her face, "I know I am going to marry and I swear I love Fred, but you have got to tell me who is that dreamboat?" Jennifer asked as her eyes gleamed. Elizabeth curled her lips in a small smile and looked down at the flowers – pretending to fix them, "Who?" She knitted her eyebrows and asked – of course, she knows who is she talking about, but somehow Elizabeth didn't feel comfortable telling her about him. Jennifer rolled her eyes skywards, "The guy that just came and brought these flowers for you, duh." She replied. Jennifer chuckled and added, "Don't worry I am not going to steal him from you – I already have a fiancé, remember?" she grinned.

Elizabeth looked at her and brought her eyebrows together before she cleared her throat, "He is not mine to steal from," she replied and scratched beside her nose, "Anyways, he is my sister-in-law's brother and also – a friend." Elizabeth knows Leo isn't exactly her friend – but she can't introduce him as a guy whom she kissed twice and who might hate her, but she also might have a crush on him. Jennifer nodded her head, "Well, he does look like a million dollars." She said. Elizabeth let out a chuckle and shook her head, "You have a fiancé – remember?" She recalled her but soon realized that Fred is her fiancé and remembered how awful he is. Elizabeth gulped as Jennifer laughed, "Of course, I know." She replied while waving her hand dismissively. Elizabeth sighed and mashed her lips, "Listen, Jennifer, there is something I want to –" But unfortunately she was cut off.

Just when Elizabeth was about to tell her the truth – the devil himself walked in her kitchen, "Hey babe, what are you up to? I was looking for you," Fred said as his eyes went from his fiancée to Elizabeth who sighed looked away from him. "Oh nothing, I was just helping Elizabeth with something," She replied and smiled cheekily while he kissed her cheek. Elizabeth witness that and wanted nothing but to kick him out of her apartment. "I am getting bored – accompany me?" Fred asked Jennifer. She nodded her head and they turned around to walk out not before he glared at Elizabeth – almost warning her to stay quiet. Elizabeth's shoulder sunk as she saw them walk away.

"Were you in that meeting?" Mosa asked Leo, who shook his head and replied. "No, I wasn't – but I was told that he collapsed – thankfully he is doing much better now," Leo drank wine from his glass as he glanced around to see few people around – talking. Ethan told how one of the doctors collapsed during a meeting as he had a stroke and Leo was confirming him since he is the doctor who is assisting Dr. Pollard on the case. Leo was bored. He only knew Ethan from there and he hardly had any conversation with anyone except for Mosa and Ethan. She sighed and sipped from his glass when his eyes went on Elizabeth, who walked out of the kitchen – looking desolated. He knitted his eyebrows together as he kept his eyes on her – wondering what had happened. She walked to the table where the snacks were and took a handful of chips in her hand before she ate them – unknowingly a small smile spread on his lips as she chewed and looked around.

Elizabeth blew her cheeks out and put the rest of the chip back in the bowl when her eyes met the ones that were already on her. She swallowed the morsel in her mouth and dusted her hands before she walked towards him. When Leo saw her looking back at him – he averted his gaze from her. He was drinking wine while he stood in the corner of the room when Elizabeth approached him, "Hey," she smiled softly. Leo looked at her and curled his lips in a tiny smile, "Hey," he greeted back. Elizabeth mashed her lips together before she spoke, "Listen, thank you so much for coming," she continued with a chuckle, "Although, I know you must be getting bored," Leo smiled and shook his head, "No, I am not." Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "You don't have to lie. I am bored too," Elizabeth said and Leo chuckled.