12: Too Drunk To Think

Elizabeth thought that he would explain himself, but he didn't. When Elizabeth decided to accept his apology – he simply nodded his head and walked out. Elizabeth was a little disappointed, but she also realized that it was the maximum she would get from Leo Wayne. She was glad that at least he had bones to show up and personally apologize for his mistake – something she never expected from Leo Wayne. Since he has against Elizabeth and her family – she always took him as a guy who would intentionally hurt her and her family – but again, not everyone is Harrison. She sighed and after spending a couple of minutes in Ethan's office alone – she went back to work.

Leo was back to his shift – he purposefully left his phone in the locker after texting Mia that he has gotten his phone back. He knows too well that she will be calling and messaging her even though she knows how busy Leo is, therefore, he decided to leave his phone in his locker. He doesn't like how Mia is always forcing herself on him, but he is unable to push her back for so many reasons. Leo spends the next twelve hours assisting surgeries and looking after the people that are need of intensive care. By the end of the day, he was exhausted and just wanted to go home and sleep. He was in the locker room – lying on the bench, trying to straighten his aching back when, Leo's friend and fellow doctor, Gavin Pollard walked in. He looked at Leo and chuckled before taking off his coat, "Exhausted, are you?" He asked. Leo had his arm resting on his face and without even looking at Gavin he replied, "Yeah, I am dying." He replied – it was a rough day for him. Gavin tsk and leaned against the lockers with his arms folded, "Then, you will not like what I am about to tell you," He told him. Leo didn't move nor did he ask his friend what he was talking about. Gavin pressed his lips together and sighed, "Mia is downstairs – waiting for you." It was enough for Gavin to say since Leo removed his arm from his face and looked at his friend, "Say what?" he asked.

Gavin didn't repeat himself – he knows Leo heard him well, so he just shrugged. Leo sighed out loud and rubbed his face. Gavin shook his head, "Why do you keep doing this to yourself, Leo? Why can't you tell her for once and for all?" He asked. Leo stood up from the bench and glanced at Gavin before changing into one of the clean shirts he keeps in his locker just in case. "I can't do that." He mumbled. Gavin didn't ask why – he has already asked him that multiple time before but not once did Leo reply. Gavin doesn't think that it will be exceptional this time either.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, had a busy day. Most of the day she was familiarizing herself with the office environment and her co-workers, who were great to her, but that was a perceptible tension between Mosa and Fayette. Elizabeth felt that Fayette was being too uptight and rude to Mosa – who was mostly quiet when she would downgrade him. There was something deeper between the two of them which Elizabeth couldn't see. She was asked to see Ethan after she was done working, so she decided not to dig in more about Aseel and Fayette and see what Ethan wants from her. When she went to see him to his office – he was already waiting for her. "Hey, come in Elizabeth – I was waiting for you," Ethan said and asked her to take a seat.

"How was your first day at West Valley?" He asked Elizabeth. She sat on the chair across him and smiled, "It was great – actually better than I expected." She replied. Ethan grinned, "I am glad you liked it." He nodded his head. He hunched and intertwined his fingers on the desk, "I have good news for you," He continued, "Your apartment will be ready by tomorrow – you can move in as soon as you want." Ethan told her. Elizabeth chuckled, "Really? That sounds amazing. Thank you, Ethan." She was delighted by the news. Ethan grinned and nodded, "I will send someone to shift your belongings from the hotel to your new apartment whenever you want." Ethan offered. "Other than that, I will pick you up to take you to your new place since you must not know the directions." He added. "Now, if you need anything else – just let me know." He offered.

Elizabeth smiled, "That's sweet of you, Ethan, but I don't want to bother you too much – you have already done so much." She said to him. Since she moved to Chicago, Ethan has been on her beck and call and she was already feeling burdened by his assistance. Ethan leaned back to his chair and chuckled, "Don't worry about that. You can compensate it all by a nice dinner," He shrugged. Elizabeth smiled and nodded – there wasn't any doubt in her mind that she will take him to a nice dinner once she moves into her place. Cooking herself is out of the question since she actually likes Ethan and doesn't want him to die of food poisoning.