13: The First Kiss

Leo ran straight to the bathroom and threw up – he doesn't usually have such low alcohol tolerance but today has been a harsh day for him. With the painkillers in his system and the tiredness made him sick. His body was already stiff and he was tired and sleepy. Leo was already regretting coming to this hotel and then in Elizabeth's room – he should have gone straight to home even if he needed to throw up. He rinsed his mouth with water as his eyes fell on the bottle of mouthwash in the cabinet. He mashed his lips together and closed his eyes briefly before he called out Elizabeth from in the bathroom, "Excuse me, Miss Harrison?" He said while rubbing his eyes with his finger. There was silence for a second before she replied, "Uh – yes?" She replied. "Can I please use your mouthwash?" He asked. Leo was feeling too embarrassed, but he had to use the mouthwash to rinse his mouth to get rid of the foul taste. "Sure," Elizabeth replied immediately.

Elizabeth was strolling in her suite's lounge – she went down to the bar to celebrate, but instead, she ended up bringing Leo Wayne to her room. She was frustrated with herself – what was she thinking? She was sure that Leo must be feeling just as embarrassed as her. She bit her nail as she glanced at the closed door of the washroom. She was battling for words she should utter when he comes out. She was still a little tipsy – but she wasn't drunk enough to make fool of herself. She wondered if she should ask him some hot beverage – maybe coffee, or if she should ask him to leave. She shook her head. Asking him to leave would be so rude of her. Maybe she should ask him for coffee or maybe something to eat? She knitted her eyebrows and lightly smacked her head – why would she ask him for something to eat? She was scared that she will definitely make a big fool of herself. She doesn't want to end up doing something stupid.

The door of the bathroom opened causing Elizabeth to turn around immediately and without thinking twice she asked, "Do you want coffee?!" She didn't realize that she was being a little too loud – that's what happens when she is nervous. She mashed her lips and closed her eyes briefly, "Uh – I mean, coffee will help us – you sober." She mumbled in the end. She scratched her head and mentally scolded herself to stop.

Leo was awkwardly standing still just outside the bathroom door – he wasn't sure how to react. He has already been awful to her earlier this morning and he is still ashamed of his words. He might not like her or her family, but he had no right to bash her either – especially when his sister has forgiven the Harrisons. He was not raised to demean anyone – not even the people he dislikes. He was confused and the awkward long silence wasn't helping either. Elizabeth read the silence and smiled, "It is alright if you don't want to," She spoke hesitantly. Leo sighed and closed his eyes briefly – she should not have said that – now he was feeling even weirder, so he did what his tipsy mind thought was right, "Coffee sounds good right now." He replied as he rubbed his hands together.

Elizabeth offered a small smile and waved her hand towards the couch, "Please have a seat – I will make coffee for you." She replied before she turned around and went into the kitchen – a place she hardly ever visits. Just an hour ago, she was in the bar having a drink on her own and now she has Leo Wayne with her in her suite and she is making coffee for him – what the hell happened, Elizabeth?! She questioned herself. She put her hand on the edge of the counter and leaned into it – she stomped her foot on the floor and cursed herself. Why did she have to ask for coffee to a man who literally belittled her in the morning? He might have apologized, but she still should be angry at him.

In the lounge, Leo was cursing himself for accepting her offer to make him some coffee. He has never been in a situation like this before and therefore – he had no idea how he was supposed to react. He has been through what people might call more intense and nerve-racking situations before but nothing can compare the discomfort he is in right now. His head was throbbing – he needed nothing but a good night sleep since it has been a hard day for him. He sighed and rested his head on the couch's header while he waited for Elizabeth to bring his coffee, so he could have it and leave already.