15: The Key They Both Didn't Have

Leo blinked once – twice before he knitted his eyebrows together, "Wait, what?" He wasn't sure what Dr. Griffiths just asked him to do. Ethan chuckled – he expected this kind of reaction from Dr. Wayne – but he really needs to ask him this favor. "I know it isn't your job to do that, but can you please take Miss Harrison to her new apartment? She isn't familiar with the route. I was supposed to take her but I have an important meeting to attend. Since you already know her personally – I thought maybe you could help." He repeated himself. Leo was silent for a few seconds – he can't do that. He has decided to ignore Elizabeth at all possible costs. After what happened between them last night – he has decided to never cross paths with her.

"Why doesn't she use navigator?" Leo asked what first came to his mind. It is an era of technology and since Elizabeth can drive there shouldn't be any problem for her to find her own way and Leo hardly doubts that Elizabeth would want him near her either. Last night was embarrassing for both of them. Ethan had a feeling that Leo would point it out. He nodded his head, "That's what Elizabeth suggested but I am not sure she will okay in the new city by herself. It would be better if someone helps her to get to her new place." Ethan suggested.

Leo sighed, "Why does it have to be me?" He asked. Ethan paused before he chuckled and scratched his eyebrow, "I am sorry – I thought you are the only person who actually knew her before she moved her except for me, so I came to you." He replied. Leo mashed his lips, "Okay, I would have helped but I am busy after duty." He replied – he wasn't lying. He had plans and even if he didn't – he would have made any excuse to stay away from her.

Ethan should have thought that his plan might not work. As he stood there silently – he felt stupid. He is a grown man. He is mature enough to think so childishly – especially because of a girl he didn't even realize he had feelings for before today. He wasn't going to ask Leo anymore – he was embarrassed enough that he tried to pull it off. Ethan cleared his throat, "I just didn't want her to be in any trouble in the new city – that's it. But, if you really can't then it's okay. I will ask somebody else." Ethan added but in real – he felt miserable. At one hand he knows how childish he was being, but on the other hand being childish didn't seem so bad to him for the first time – he was ready to pull something so stupid and it concerns him. He never thought like this before. He doesn't get it why all of the sudden the idea of Dr. Wayne and Amanda was bothering him so much, but it was – he felt inadequate for failing to make Dr. Wayne go so he and Amanda can't go to the dinner tonight.

Leo was silent – he wanted to just nod and walk away but knowing how Elizabeth tends to put herself in trouble whenever she is alone made him feel somehow uneasy. From all the interactions Leo had with Elizabeth – he had noticed how witlessly she makes her decisions. He knows that she will be safe but still there was something that was bothering him and he couldn't put his finger on it. After what happened last night the two of them he is actually scared to be around her – scared because last night he didn't kiss her back just because he was wasted. He knew what he was doing. There were sirens going in his head to just push her away and he tried but he couldn't resist her for long. Leo doesn't know what it is about her that pulled him towards her. He doesn't know what made him but he wanted to devour her and it scares him.

Leo doesn't want to be attracted to anyone yet alone Elizabeth Harrison. He doesn't like her – he is supposed to abhor her and he is afraid if he keeps close to her – he might not be able to do that. All he had to do was tell Ethan that he was sorry and walk away but, of course, Leo isn't a simple man – he is complicated. He blew his cheek out and rubbed his eyes, "Fine – okay, I will pick her up and drop her to her new apartment, but that's it. I will not go up to her place." Leo concurred – he was cursing himself in his head – repeatedly.

Ethan couldn't believe Leo actually agreed and smiled, "Thank you so much, Dr. Wayne. I really owe you for this one. I will message you the details about the building she will be moving to. Once again, thank you – I really appreciate your help." Ethan put his hand on his shoulder cursory before he nodded and walked pass Leo – taking a deep breath.