14: A Favor To Ask

Elizabeth's head still throbbed – partially from the alcohol she consumed last night and partially because of the lack of sleep. Elizabeth couldn't concentrate on the work all day. Even during lunch – she was playing with her food rather than eating it. Mosa was sitting at the table with Elizabeth observing her lack of concentration since the morning – he wasn't sure if it would be okay for him to ask her what was wrong really, but it has been half-day and she seems half-hearted. Mosa mashed his lips and put her elbows on the table as he asked, "Hey, are you alright?" He asked. Elizabeth, who was still deep in thoughts heard him say something but didn't catch the words so she asked, "Sorry, did you say something?" She asked him. Mosa chuckled and fixed his glasses, "I was just wondering if you are alright – you seem desultory since the morning." He asked.

Elizabeth has been so occupied with her thoughts all day that she didn't realize how obvious she has been. She smiled and glanced away from him. Mosa could see how she was hesitating and smiled, "You don't have to share if you don't feel comfortable." He shrugged. Elizabeth pressed her lips together and sighed before she looked at him again, "Well, I did something very stupid last night. And now, I am regretting it – big time." She answered him. He gaped as a mischievous smile slowly appeared on his face. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and leaned back to her chair, "And no, I didn't sleep with him." She added.

Mosa's smile turned into a smirk, "Oh, but I never said it." He replied. Elizabeth realized what she had said and almost wanted to smack her. Elizabeth twisted her lips, "Yes, but your face said it all." She replied. Mosa nodded his head and looked down at his half-eaten sandwich – he mashed his lips and kept staring at the food while Elizabeth looked at him. He was like an open book – just by looking at him, she could tell what was going in his mind. She narrowed her eyes, "You want to know what mistake I made, don't you?" She asked. Mosa instantly lifted his head up, "Oh God, I am dying to know." He replied causing her to laugh.

She placed her arms on the table and hunched, "Well, I got involve with someone I wasn't supposed to well – involve with." Elizabeth told him. She originally decided to keep it to herself but soon she realized that it will only add up in her misery and she had to share with someone. She couldn't share it with Maria since Leo is her brother. She can't tell this to Charlie – she is Maria's best friend. Sharing it with her brothers or father was out of the picture and other than her family – she really doesn't have anyone to share it with. She doesn't know what is it about Mosa – maybe it was his friendly personality, kind nature or was it his availability at the moment. She decided to open up in front of him. Mosa knitted his eyebrows together, "Does this guy have a girlfriend?" He asked.

Elizabeth closed her eyes and bowed her head with shame eating her up and slowly nodded her head before she looked up at him – she didn't want to see his disgusted expressions but she still looks up at him. "Yes and not only that." She mashed her lips together and continued before sighing out loud, "He is a father as well." She added. Mosa gaped as he stared at her for few seconds – completely speechless. Elizabeth wanted to fade away at the moment. By looking at Mosa, she could tell big of a mistake she has made. Mosa widened his eyes and blew his cheeks out, "Wow," he spoke. "I mean – I – uh – I really consider you my friend, Elizabeth, but that is just pure wrong." He spoke. Elizabeth pulled her face, "I know – I know. I was drunk and so was he and now I feel so horrible. He cheated on his girlfriend with me – I am that girl, Mosa, and it is killing me." Elizabeth realized how much she wanted to speak out and share it with someone.

Although, Mosa's expressions weren't helping her really but then again who would have reacted to it positively? Mosa rubbed her forehead, "Do you-you know, have any sort of feeling for this guy?" He asked. Elizabeth shook her head, "No – no, in fact, I am not such a big fan of him and I am very sure that he kind of hates me. I mean –" she paused and leaned to her chair. She took a deep breath and continued, "This is messier than it sounds," She told him. She gulped and looked at him, "I kind of already know this guy," She tells him. Mosa looked completely confused, so he just decided to let her complete. "This guy – he is my future sister-in-law's brother." She told him.