Chapter 38: Truth or Lies

"Nami, wait."

"What?" Nami almost growled in irritation at Y/N's arrival. She was about to head to her room and drown her sorrows with ice cream.

"Sumiya-san gave this. You dropped this at her house."

Nami recognized the handkerchief. She hastily snatched it from Y/N's hand and mumbled a low thanks.

"Wait up, Nami."

"Whaat?" Nami couldn't help but sigh in irritation this time.

"Sumiya-san asked about you. She was worried, you know?"

Nami's expression softened for a second before it returned to its usual scowl.

"Okay. Can I go to my room now?"

Y/N blocked Nami from entering. She leaned her back into the door and Nami growled at this.

"Move, Y/N."

"Don't you think Sumiya-san deserves an explanation? You just left without warning."

"Explanation for what?"

"She was worried about you! The least you can do is text her or tell her you aren't sick."

"Why are you making a big deal about this?" Nami rolled her eyes. "Besides, this is a matter between Kana and me. Stop meddling into other people's lives."

Y/N shoved Nami to prevent her from entering the room.

"What is wrong with you?!" Nami almost yelled in anger.

"Stop acting like a thug without feelings. It isn't funny." Y/N spat. "Stop acting like you don't care, because I know you do!"

"Feelings?" Nami chuckled bitterly as she ran a hand through her hair. "Tell me, Y/N. What would you know about feelings?"

"W..What?"

"For all I know, you could be fooling around with Moriya-san or Aki-nee. So what right do you have to lecture me about that matter?"

"What are you saying?" A small blush appeared in Y/N's cheeks and she stared at Nami incredulously.

"I'm saying, that you can't talk big about feelings when you aren't even in love." Nami squinted her eyes.

Y/N's eyes widened and she lowered her gaze. Nami was about to enter her room but Y/N took a hold of her arm.

"I swear Y/N. If you don't stop blocking me, I'm going to slap you." Nami threatened.

"Sumiya-san.." Y/N stared directly at Nami's eyes. "Aren't you at least worried about her?"

Nami went silent for a few moments. She then diverted her gaze and spoke in a devoid tone.

"If you are so worried about her, then why don't you date her?"

"Hah?"

"Become Kana's girlfriend." Nami firmly declared. "That would ease her worries."

Y/N couldn't endure the absurdity of Nami's request. With a hard shove, Nami was sent to the floor.

"You little-

"Do you hear yourself?" Y/N gritted which stopped Nami's hand from slapping her. "Is that really what you want to happen?"

Nami clenched her teeth in reply. She had a fierce staring contest with Y/N and neither were trying to back down.

"Fine. I'm going to date Sumiya-san." Y/N mocked. "If that will make your sorry ass stop sulking, then I will do it."

"Then do it!" Nami retorted. "Just leave me alone!"

"I will and I will listen to your demands but I'm certain that neither of them will make you happy!"

Y/N jabbed a finger into Nami's chest. Emphasizing every truth with conviction.

"You don't want me to date Kana. You don't want me having alone time with her. And you don't want me to steal her away from you! Stop lying to yourself, Nami!"

"Is there any point you idiot?! Because whether I tell the truth or lie, I wouldn't ever be happy!"

"Nami-

Nami broke down and went into cries.

"I already told her the truth.. but she doesn't love me back!"

Y/N gaped at the revelation as she listened to Nami's outbursts.

"You're all she ever thinks about." Nami scoffed and wiped away her tears. "What does she even see in you, you stupid idiot!"

Nami cried again at the thought of Kana liking Y/N.

"Nami.." Y/N attempted to approach Nami but she was pushed harshly by the girl.

"Don't touch me."

"I'm.. I'm sorry.." Y/N looked apologetic. "I don't know why Sumiya-san felt that way and I don't even want to date-

"Gosh, will you just shut up." Nami interjected with a bitter chuckle. "If you say it that way, it pisses me off even more that Kana likes you while you aren't even doing anything."

"I'm really sorry.. I really am." replied Y/N while looking down.

"Well, shit happens, right?" Nami said as she shoved Y/N to the side. She opened the door and before she entered her room, she glanced at Y/N for the last time.

"So tell me, Y/N.. should I tell the truth or shall I go on with my lies? Either way, I wouldn't ever win.."

-End of Chapter -