Chapter 16: Lucky

Aki apparently suffered a cold. She was brought to the doctor for a check-up and she had to take a day off from school.

Y/N was worried at her condition so she decided to head home early and skip her last subject.

"Leaving early?"

"Hai. When we went to the doctor, he said that Aki-nee would be fine with some rest." replied Y/N to Nami. Both were standing outside their classroom door

"But, I want to make sure that she gets something to eat."

Nami rolled her eyes at Y/N's panicky state

" She'll be fine if you leave her alone. She'll manage on her own somehow."

" I can't do that." Y/N shook her head. "If she eats her own cooked foods, she'll end up even worse."

"I guess you have a point."

"That's why, I talked to the teachers so I can leave early." Y/N adjusted her bag and glanced at her wristwatch. She remembered a thought and glanced behind her before leaving.

"And oh, tell Sumiya-san that we'll talk next time about that club proposal."

Nami blinked and she turned to face Y/N

"Hey!"

Y/N was already descending the stairs and Nami scoffed lightly

"Geez. That sister complex idiot."

Nami told Kana about Y/N's words. Kana was a bit disappointed but she just shrugged it off after knowing Y/N's reason.

"So Aki-senpai got sick?"

"Hai. And Y/N will take care of her." Nami contemplated and she turned to Kana cheerfully.

"Hey, why don't you visit our home?"

"Eh?"

"We can have a movie marathon!" Nami grinned. "Tomorrow is Saturday so it's okay for us to stay late. Besides, we can answer some of our assignments too."

Kana pondered on the words and she eventually nodded.

"Um, okay. It'll be fine."

Nami smiled in triumph and both girls headed back to the classroom. When class ended, they immediately walked towards the Aoi home

"Is it really alright?" Kana glanced at Nami. "I don't want to intrude on your family."

"It's totally fine. We're in separate rooms and besides, Aki-nee will probably be asleep anyway."

"Yeah, but Y/N-chan is taking care of her, right?"

"There's nothing wrong with intruding a litte bit." replied Nami in nonchalance. " If we don't do that, that stupid siscon won't ever leave Aki-nee's side."

Nami raised her fist and spoke in a hyped tone

"That's right! We gotta take her away from Aki-nee."

"What if..."

Kana stopped walking and Nami looked back curiously

"Well, this is just hypothetical but.. if Aki-senpai really is Y/N-chan's lover.."

Kana's mood dampened

"Aki-senpai is athletic, smart, and has a great body. I can't compare to her at all."

Nami went silent as Kana continued talking.

"That's why.." Kana's cheerful mood came back. " I think I'm really lucky. I'm lucky that they can never be lovers because they're siblings."

- End of Chapter -