Chapter 17: Heat Release

Y/N entered Aki's room and she carried a small tray. She carefully set the tray on the table and gazed at Aki on the bed.

"Here. I made you some ginger tea."

"Thanks."

"Did you take your medicine?" Y/N approached Aki and checked the girl's temperature

"I took it."

"You have to eat something too. I'll prepare a soup for you later."

Aki smiled faintly at Y/N fussing over her

"You sound like mom."

Y/N sat on the chair beside Aki's bed.

"That's because you're acting like a child. Aki-nee, please take more care of yourself. I don't want you collapsing again." spoke Y/N in a worried tone. She stood up and turned away but Aki held on to her hand.

Y/N looked back curiously and Aki stared at her with yearning eyes.

"Stay with me."

They had a staring contest but Y/N decided to agree to Aki.

"Okay." she smiled faintly and sat on the edge of the bed

Y/N raised her hand to touch Aki's face and the latter closed her eyes to embrace the girl's touch. However, Y/N stopped in mid-air and Aki opened her eyes

" Can I really stay.. with you?" Y/N's question had a deeper meaning and Aki sensed her doubts.

"What's wrong?"

Y/N retracted her hand and she looked down on the floor.

"It's just.. Nami said something. She said that Family can't stay together forever." Y/N heaved a sigh.

"And quite frankly, she has point. We can't keep doing things like this forever. You and I are siblings, Aki-neechan."

Y/N released her hold but Aki interlaced their fingers again.

"It's okay. It's all okay..."

"But."

"No matter what happens, I'll never let go of your hand." Aki tenderly said. "I'll never leave your side, Y/N."

Y/N still had her doubts. To distract her, Aki proceeded to guide Y/N's hand to her face.

"Aki-nee?"

"I want you to believe in me." spoke Aki as she nuzzled her face on Y/N's hand.

Y/N faced her direction and slightly grew worried.

"Aki-nee, you're sweating too much. We have to change your clothes -

"Warm me with your body, Y/N." Aki interjected as she sat upright and hugged Y/N

"But Aki-nee -

Aki strengthened her hold so Y/N couldn't escape.

"Please?"

"Aki-nee." Y/N frowned. " I can't believe you. Are you really a pervert?"

Aki released Y/N from the hug but still held her close.

"Am I?"

"Geez." Y/N faced to the side and crossed her arms over her chest. "Even when you are sick and suffering from a fever, I can't believe that sex is all you are thinking about."

Y/N glared lightly at Aki

"You are supposed to take a rest. And not engage in such activities."

Aki stopped Y/N from standing up.

"Well.. my body is really hot right now." Aki tilted her head innocently. "And I have to release all this warmth within my body so I will cool down and get well."

She caressed Y/N's arm and whispered to her ear.

" And it just so happens.. that an effective way to release that heat is to.. you know."

"I-I refuse to do things with you when you are sick!" Y/N moved away as a faint blush covered her cheeks.

Aki pouted and casted a pleading look at the girl

"Pleaase?." she crawled over to Y/N and whispered seductively. "I want you."

Y/N flinched and looked down on the floor

" I don't want to hurt you Aki-nee." Y/N grew worried. "Your body is supposed to rest and you should not exhaust yourself."

"Mmm." Aki turned Y/N towards her. "Well.. I have an idea on how my body won't be exhausted."

A mischievous glint ran through Aki's eyes and Y/N can only hope that her stepsister wasn't thinking anything harmful

- End of Chapter -