Chapter 11: Kitchen Love

"Everything we'd held in until now shot out."

Y/N was busy on her own monologue as she walked the school corridors

"I don't know if that was good or bad.. I just.. wanted Aki-neechan to stay. I don't want her to leave."

Y/N passed by the tennis court where she saw Aki helping out the girls.

"Aki-neechan and I.. I'm aware that we should keep it a secret. Our relationship right now is unclear, but I'm certain on one thing."

Y/N stopped walking.

"I can't exactly stop. Before I knew it, I'm already in too deep."

*(Whoosh!)*

"Y/N-chan!"

Y/N looked behind in surprise but she was met by a flying frisbee in her head.

"Ow!"

She dropped to the ground and the tennis players stopped what they were doing. They curiously glanced her way and even Aki stopped

"Y/N-chan, gomen. My friends threw the frisbee too far." A sheepish voice said and he held out a hand to help Y/N up.

Y/N accepted the offered hand. When she stood up, she realized that it was none other than her classmate, Rui Moriya.

The boy held a peace sign and he ran his free hand to his shiny raven hair. Y/N also noted several times that Rui's smile is the boy's feature which she likes the most.

"Rui.." Y/N glared teasingly at the boy. "You'll pay for that."

"Gomen gomen." Rui chuckled. "But sure. Want to grab some snack?"

"As long as you'll be the one paying."

Rui laughed and some students looked his way. He was fairly attractive so it wasn't unusual that others may stare at him sometimes.

"Of course, Y/N-chan~ " He offered his arm and Y/N linked their arms with a chuckle. "Let's go, Milady."

The two walked off and unbeknownst to them, Aki was observing their interaction with a clenched jaw

______________________________________

"I'm home." Y/N said in a tired tone as she removed her shoes.

When she entered the house, she immediately noticed the pungent smell lingering in the air. She hastily went to the kitchen where she saw Aki standing in front of the stove

"What are you doing?!"

The kitchen was in a mess and condiments were scattered everywhere. There was a soup splash on the wall and Aki was mixing a bubbling mixture on the stove.

"Oh, Hi Y/N. I thought I'd help up since I usually leave the housework to you."

"What did you put in there?" Y/N pinched her nose to avoid the acidic smell. She approached Aki and examined the mixture on the stove

"The flavor was a little weak so.. Apples, Vinegar. " Aki made a counting motion. "Sweet sake, and all the stuff down there."

"What's that?" Nami leaned on the wall and pinched her nose as well. "The meat sauce smells like someone put paint in it."

"We'll probably be having convenience store meals for tonight's dinner." Y/N remarked after sensing that she would have to clean the kitchen first

"Huh?! No way! You have to cook!" protested Nami as she made her way towards Y/N